• The KillerFrogs

Dobbs Decision Discussion (Roe)

Planks

"For that reason, in future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court's substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell," - Clarence Thomas

Birth Control, Sodomy Laws, and Gay Marriage are next.

LVH

Dave Campbell's Texas Football staff is awfully upset about this - all over Twitter crying about it.

I didn't know Dave Campbell's was a political commentary organization. Dave Campbell died so I guess that means they unleashed their progressive inner self with him gone, he'd be turning over in his grave.

Paul in uhh

Dave Campbell's Texas Football staff is awfully upset about this - all over Twitter crying about it.

I didn't know Dave Campbell's was a political commentary organization. Dave Campbell died so I guess that means they unleashed their progressive inner self with him gone, he'd be turning over in his grave.
The last time I opened a paper copy of Dave Campbell was around 2003

LVH

The last time I opened a paper copy of Dave Campbell was around 2003
They recruited me to come work for them a few years ago. Glad I didn't take them up on their offer. Unless their primary circulation is based on sales to liberals in Austin I am not sure if its wise for their writers/sales staff/marketing department to be on Twitter right now f-bombing the Supreme Court and people who oppose abortion. They also were all heavily anti-gun, f bombing 2nd amendment supporters after Uvalde.

Planks

Bingo - this only hands the issue back to the states as intended by the founders
This isn’t going to be a state only issue. Red states are going to inact laws attempting to stop/criminalize their residents from getting abortions in Blue states. Whether or not they will be able to enforce it is another question but they absolutely are going to try.

Also, if given the chance at the federal level Republicans will attempt to impose abortion restrictions nation wide.

The battle over abortion has just begun.

HFrog1999

I’m increasingly convinced that the main divide in this country is between those who want separation of church and state and those who don’t.

Lol, it doesn’t have anything to do with the Church.

There’s no right to an Abortion in the Constitution.

You don’t have to be religious to know that Roe v Wade was a terrible decision

You also don’t have to be religious to recognize that a baby in the womb has the same rights as a baby who’s left the womb

If you want Abortion to be a Constitutional Right then add it to the Constitution

Wexahu

I’m increasingly convinced that the main divide in this country is between those who want separation of church and state and those who don’t.
All I know is that the most vocal people on the left are almost unanimously godless people. They hate religion, and specifically Christianity. Been like that my entire lifetime.

LVH

You also don’t have to be religious to recognize that a baby in the womb has the same rights as a baby who’s left the womb

If you want Abortion to be a Constitutional Right then add it to the Constitution
Separation of church and state isn't in the constitution either. It was something said by Thomas Jefferson in a letter, but has never been law.

LVH

All I know is that the most vocal people on the left are almost unanimously godless people. They hate religion, and specifically Christianity. Been like that my entire lifetime.
They hate White Christian Conservatives. Notice how they never go after muslims for being anti-gay. You hear about that Watauga Pastor who said gays should to be executed. Muslims believe this too - they actually execute gays in the middle east by throwing them off buildings.

South Park did a good episode showing what it would be like of atheists and secularists got their wish and lived on a planet that had no religion. There would still be fighting and war and conflict. Secularists believe with no religion there would be none of those things.

DeuceBoogieNights

I see both sides. This doesn't affect me at all really, but as someone who has family that works with the foster system, I don't think we should bring more unwanted children into this world. I also can see why some people think it's murder. Weird times.

Planks

In America abortion is a religious issue. Evangelicals and fundamentalists are the primary source of opposition to abortion.

The existence or non-existence of abortion protections in the constitution is separate from my opinion that abortion should be legal. As mentioned earlier, gay sex, birth control, and gay marriage are also potentially not protected in the constitution, but regardless I believe they should be legal.

I wholeheartedly object to the idea that a clump of cells is a womb has the same rights as a baby. I believe the majority of the country (and the rest of the western world) agrees with me.

HFrog1999

My coworkers started talking about this, so I left early for lunch

Sneaking Out Season 3 GIF by The Office

HFrog1999

In America abortion is a religious issue. Evangelicals and fundamentalists are the primary source of opposition to abortion.

The existence or non-existence of abortion protections in the constitution is separate from my opinion that abortion should be legal. As mentioned earlier, gay sex, birth control, and gay marriage are also potentially not protected in the constitution, but regardless I believe they should be legal.

I wholeheartedly object to the idea that a clump of cells is a womb has the same rights as a baby. I believe the majority of the country (and the rest of the western world) agrees with me.

Then you should have no problem adding it to the Constitution

geezer

Don't know what you're saying? Don't say it.
Separation of church and state isn't in the constitution either. It was something said by Thomas Jefferson in a letter, but has never been law.

First Amendment​

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Zubaz

In America slavery is a religious issue. Quakers are the primary source of opposition to abortion.

The existence or non-existence of slavery protections in the constitution is separate from my opinion that slavery should be legal.

I wholeheartedly object to the idea that an african slave has the same rights as a white. I believe the majority of the country (and the rest of the western world) agrees with me.
Quoted from 1830.

Last edited: