• The KillerFrogs

DMN: What happens when you run out of bodies? TCU is closer to finding out than it'd like to be

HFrog1999

Another year of mass injuries.

Does the team have a dedicated S&C coach or is he shared?

Why is he still the S&C?

His name is coach Mandelbaum

giphy.gif

I would wonder as kicker with experience primarily in different kind of football, would I be eligible to try out next year? Limited rugby experience too but mostly a "soccer" guy. Once played at a stadium equipped for American Football and kicked 60 meters through field goal. Many times.

I have been too busy with my studies to practice but I do work out some. The ball of course is also different. But I would have interest in trying out if allowed. If I make the team, Texas Christian might have a big international following where I am from. Based on family & friends and me being unique story. Could be quite fun if I am good enough. Have to maintain my grades though if I were picked for team. Scholarship not necessary but would be pleasing to father.

kaiser soze

Read in my borat voice. Niice.

I would wonder as kicker with experience primarily in different kind of football, would I be eligible to try out next year? Limited rugby experience too but mostly a "soccer" guy. Once played at a stadium equipped for American Football and kicked 60 meters through field goal. Many times.

I have been too busy with my studies to practice but I do work out some. The ball of course is also different. But I would have interest in trying out if allowed. If I make the team, Texas Christian might have a big international following where I am from. Based on family & friends and me being unique story. Could be quite fun if I am good enough. Have to maintain my grades though if I were picked for team. Scholarship not necessary but would be pleasing to father.

Limp Lizard

Sorry, it seems to me like this "unusual number of injuries" happens nearly every year. Last year was OK, although we lost Anderson for the end of the year and Turpin for most of it. 2014 was good. But 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018? And no, I am not going to go through each year for a true verification. Note though that my major concern coming into this season was injuries, especially early year injuries, since they often start a snowball.

texas_sicilian

QB (Robinson)
OG (Iwuagwu)
WR (Turpin)

DT (Blacklock)
LB (Summers)
S (Small)
S (Gaines)

Gladney and Ridwan are both playing injured. And believe we have a number of 2nd string safeties hurt. Lewis is also banged up.

Basically on defense the only guys fully healthy are Banogu, Collier, Bethley and Wallow. Everyone else is either out or playing limited.
And yet the defense is consistently pulling their weight, to the extent physically possible. Not saying injuries aren’t a big factor, but that’s not where I’d solely lay the blame this season.

I know CGP has to represent the entire team as one, but honestly:
  • it wasn’t the defense that dialed back the aggressive play calling vs. OSU when we had them on the ropes...
  • it wasn’t the defense the threw a last minute interception against tech in the final two minutes of the game that could have resulted in a tie or win.
  • it wasn’t the defense that gifted UT FOUR turnovers allowing them to coast to victory
  • it wasn’t the defense that fumbled on the 10 yard line in the final minute of play against Kansas in what would have undoubtedly won us the game.

Above cuts across the entire season/timeline of nearly a fully healthy roster, to depleted depth.

Last edited: