• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU fans, others know there’s something foul about March Madness and what it’s become

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU fans, others know there’s something foul about March Madness and what it’s become​

The NCAA men’s tournament has reached its ultimate goal. It has become the NFL.

By Tim Cowlishaw

Maybe the problem I have with the NCAA men’s tournament is that it has reached its ultimate goal. It has become the NFL — an (occasionally) entertaining game producing great moments and played with no discernible rules.

Without question, the first weekend was rich with upsets and thrilling finishes. Who knows how long St. Peter’s can continue its magical run as a 15 seed? At the other end of the spectrum, the powerful Big 12 showed its muscle with all six teams escaping the first round and three advancing to the Sweet 16.

I’m not knocking the overall product. But if you watch any number of games at all, you have to be appalled at the physical play, the things that are allowed to happen (particularly inside the paint but not limited to that area). That’s how I find it to be like the NFL where there is no real definition of pass interference from one game to the next, where flags are thrown or kept in the pocket for inexplicable reasons.

Read more at https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/t...foul-about-march-madness-and-what-its-become/

bp4tcu

Craig Miller and now Tom Cowlishaw are some of the only people I hear with this complaint. It’s college sports, what are you expecting? If you want the flawless execution, go watch the pros in the NBA. Stupid argument.