• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU’s defensive freshmen have been a bright spot in tough season for the Horned Frogs

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: TCU’s defensive freshmen have been a bright spot in tough season for the Horned Frogs

By Grant McGalliard

Gary Patterson’s time on the Big 12 Coaches’ Teleconference was short Monday, but the TCU head coach did expound a bit on the freshmen that have received extensive playing time on defense this year.

Four freshmen or redshirt freshmen -- Ochaun Mathis, Colt Ellison, Ar’Darius Washington and Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson -- started for the Horned Frogs on defense against Baylor. Several more saw the field, including Nook Bradford, Kee’yon Stewart and Dee Winters.

“We have some really good redshirt freshmen that have played up to four games, or had to play,” Patterson said. “Our overall freshman group, our overall safety group is going to be a really good group as they grow older.

“Really, we’re excited.”

Read more at https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/t...bright-spot-in-tough-season-for-horned-frogs/

Wexahu

Especially impressed with Tomlinson and Stewart, they are holding their own out there. Washington too but I always figured he'd be a good one.

Leap Frog

It took awhile, but at last something positive for a change. I know that venting is important so as to help with frustration.
But, i have learned to look for some sunshine-- even when it's hard to find. Thanks, I needed that.

Last edited:

Eight

on paper there is talent among the young offensive linemen, but until these guys are on the field in live action no one will really know about their ability to play