• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Sonny Dykes isn’t biting on lighthearted Jimbo Fisher jab toward TCU football

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Sonny Dykes isn’t biting on lighthearted Jimbo Fisher jab toward TCU football​

Story by Kevin Sherrington, The Dallas Morning News

AA1blQY4.img

DALLAS — Sonny Dykes picked up the Stallings Award on Tuesday at the Dallas Country Club, the latest in a long list of national-coach-of-the-year merits. Just how many, the TCU coach couldn’t say. Even his wife, Kate, wasn’t sure. You know it’s been a good year when your loving spouse doesn’t know how much hardware clutters your mantle.

For the record, that makes 10. Pretty much a consensus, then, that Sonny did a better job than anyone in college football last season, and apparently nobody held what happened at SoFi Stadium against him.

Well, nobody but Jimbo Fisher.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...bo-fisher-jab-toward-tcu-football/ar-AA1blKj6

Palliative Care

I really believe Jumbo was trying to say that his record is the way it is because he plays in the SEC. Just another excuse however. If we played in the SEC I wonder how well we would fair? I know this we got to the NCG and no one can take that away from us. Jumbo may be jealous or trying to put us down. Regardless who cares what he thinks?

Palliative Care

That’s true but the biggest difference is our size. We do not labor under the pretense that as a large state school we must be loved, respected and admired by all.
TCU has had to earn every bit of respect, love and admiration through the years all because we are small. We do not take ourselves and our fans for granted. We are small, but we are mighty, we are TCU!

BleedNPurple

I really believe Jumbo was trying to say that his record is the way it is because he plays in the SEC. Just another excuse however. If we played in the SEC I wonder how well we would fair? I know this we got to the NCG and no one can take that away from us. Jumbo may be jealous or trying to put us down. Regardless who cares what he thinks?
We would recruit differently to defeat the Sec model and we would expect to play BAMA and GA every year and have years of experience and tape to prepare for them.

Ron Swanson

Jimbo feels his seat getting scorching hot, and he sees what Sonny did in year one of taking over his program, and he knows comparison will be made by Aggies, so he’s deflecting and making excuses for himself. Pretty simple Psych 101 stuff (which of course will work on most Aggies),

CountryFrog

Jimbo feels his seat getting scorching hot, and he sees what Sonny did in year one of taking over his program, and he knows comparison will be made by Aggies, so he’s deflecting and making excuses for himself. Pretty simple Psych 101 stuff (which of course will work on most Aggies),
Exactly. Obviously most of the attention around his comments are on the SEC mention but just as telling, if not more so, was that Jimbo mentioned how we were healthy and experienced. So, in other words, if only his team could've stayed healthy and/or had just a little more experience then they would've been amazing.

And of course by amazing, at least the type of team that could match the physicality of the upper echelon Sun Belt schools.

tjcoffice

They say Jimbo is an insecure sort of person, who over-reacts to teasing or harassing by other coaches. Guess this is consistent with that. He wants to make his Aggies look better - at the expense of the Frogs, and that way. keep his job a little longer.

Eight

They say Jimbo is an insecure sort of person, who over-reacts to teasing or harassing by other coaches. Guess this is consistent with that. He wants to make his Aggies look better - at the expense of the Frogs, and that way. keep his job a little longer.

basically, if what you say in you first sentence is accurate about jimbo, we can only count the moments when jimbo gets a question at a press conference about the postive impacts bobby petrino has made to jombo's offense