• The KillerFrogs

DMN: SMU OC Joe Craddock on quarterback situation: ‘There’s no controversy in my room’

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
1505253001-SFA_SMU_Football.jpg

DMN: SMU OC Joe Craddock on quarterback situation: ‘There’s no controversy in my room’

By Adam Grosbard, Staff Writer
Contact Adam Grosbardon Twitter:mad:AdamGrosbard

UNIVERSITY PARK -- Saturday's 54-32 win over University of North Texas was the second week in a row that SMU played three quarterbacks. Sophomore Ben Hicks again started, completing 20 of 39 passes for 312 yards, four touchdowns and an interception. Pearl River (Miss.) Community College transfer D.J. Gillins completed his only pass for a 76-yard touchdown, a week after Arkansas transfer Rafe Peavey threw a 72-yard touchdown pass of his own.

Offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Joe Craddock dismissed the idea that there is any ongoing controversy surrounding the group on Tuesday.

"My whole group played good. I'm a happy coach right now," Craddock said. "I think you guys thinks there's a lot of controversy. There's no controversy in my room. My guys love each other. They're helping each other out. They're cheering for each other when they did good."

Read more at https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...addock-quarterback-situation-controversy-room