• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Mansfield Summit DB William Jones decommits from TCU

BABYFACE

Probably a similar scenario that is going to happen a lot this season. Everybody loves winners.

Don’t disagree with the last line, but most programs experience a down year every so often. Unrealistic to think not. If a kid is detoured from a 3-3 start, then being a Frog wasn’t a top motivation. I think most recruits look at a long track record of winning, not a flash in the pan.

Maybe, he or TCU no longer felt like a fit for each other?

Last edited:

Eight

Don’t disagree with the last line, but most programs experience a down year every so often. Unrealistic to think not. If a kid is detoured from a 3-3 start, then being a Frog wasn’t a top motivation. I think most recruits look at a long track record of winning, not a flash in the pan.

Maybe, he or TCU is no longer felt like a fit for each other?

this 110%. first, for those who are concerned that what is written here might deter the thoughts and conviction of any recruits my proceeding thoughts are not directed at william jones iii

if a recruit is detered by a team having hard times, if they believe what a program has to offer them has changed because of on the field results they are not the players you build a successful program.

every player, every team, every program faces challenges. isnt supposedly one of the reasons we value sports is because of the lessons learned in them?

additionally though, i am more concerned about the recruit who starts looking around when they and their teams are having success and they begin to listen to the whispers that a program like tcu is not big enough for them and their talents.

running from tough times isn't a good trait, but not knowing how to deal with success has derrailed just as many teams and careers

don't know if wj3 falls into either camp and i hope he finds what he is looking for in a school.

Wexahu

Maybe, he or TCU is no longer felt like a fit for each other?

Not only that, but where is he gonna go? How many "winners" are there out there that want him? It's ludicrous to think kids are now going to want to go to a Texas Tech or, say, a Houston because of the results of games over the past few weeks. Baylor isn't a winning program. Neither is Arkansas or Oklahoma State. Maybe A&M is now a winner? Do they even want him?

So if he's going to go play for a "winner", where is that?

frogs9497

Not only that, but where is he gonna go? How many "winners" are there out there that want him? It's ludicrous to think kids are now going to want to go to a Texas Tech or, say, a Houston because of the results of games over the past few weeks. Baylor isn't a winning program. Neither is Arkansas or Oklahoma State. Maybe A&M is now a winner? Do they even want him?

Probably North Texas.

Wexahu

It could be that we moved on...anyone consider that?..just because a kid decommits doesn’t always meen he initiated it..

And I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case here. With the trend toward larger receivers (at least it seems like a trend?) the demand for undersized DBs isn't going to be that high.

Mean Purple

This is why I dont get excited about verbal commits.
Not sure why they warrant a thread. Could be many reasons why the player is not finding TCU a fit.
Maybe its reality of the position they would play when they get here, etc.

Better to find out now.

We need to be recruiting some size.