• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Lost in New York: TCU held to season-low 44 points as Texas sends Horned Frogs packing

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Lost in New York: TCU held to season-low 44 points as Texas sends Horned Frogs packing in NIT semis

By Dean Straka , Sports Digital Editor
Contact Dean Straka on Twitter: @dwstraka49

In some ways, the setting felt like home for TCU basketball Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Here the Horned Frogs were on the same floor which they captured their first-ever postseason tournament title two years ago, and going up against an all-too-familiar foe in their latest trip to the Big Apple.

But when the final buzzer sounded, there was no confetti of any kind falling for Jamie Dixon & Co. at the venue where he coached more than 40 times prior to coming back home to his alma mater. Nor was there an opportunity later in the week to play for a second NIT title in three seasons, as TCU saw its season come to an end with a 58-44 loss to Big 12-rival Texas in the NIT semifinals.

Here are three takeaways as the Horned Frogs were sent packing home after a lethargic performance in the heart of Manhattan.

Read more at https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...ts-texas-sends-horned-frogs-packing-nit-semis

East Coast

Tier 1
I chose to turn the game off late in the 1H. Team looked totally disinterested. It was like they wanted a trip to NYC and once they got it they didn’t care anymore. Maybe a bit harsh??

ThisIsOurTime

Also have to wonder if all the news about Dixon considering other jobs created a distraction. I suspect that all teams' winning percentages go down whenever something likes this comes up.

Pharm Frog

The players were thinking "we already beat this team twice" so who cares.

It takes a very mature, focused, poised and disciplined team to go out and beat the same team three times in the same season unless there's some compelling disparity in talent levels. There's been nothing to suggest that this Frog team has been mature, focused, poised, or disciplined this season and it isn't fair to think that would start in NYC. That's why I was hoping that CU would win against the Horns.

It takes a very mature, focused, poised and disciplined team to go out and beat the same team three times in the same season unless there's some compelling disparity in talent levels. There's been nothing to suggest that this Frog team has been mature, focused, poised, or disciplined this season and it isn't fair to think that would start in NYC. That's why I was hoping that CU would win against the Horns.
Good point. In retrospect, I wish CU had won as well.

Although I do not believe we would beat Lipscomb. They are pretty damn good.

Virginia Frog

Good point. In retrospect, I wish CU had won as well.

Although I do not believe we would beat Lipscomb. They are pretty damn good.
i'm a Lipscomb fan on Thursday nite.

Nothing good flows from a UT win. Conference loyalty, no way.

Hey, was that first half disaster of 17 points a TCU men's record? A high school team could have done better than that vs the Longies, IMO.

Bye JD. O.K. on to next season.