• The KillerFrogs

DMN: 'It's a great story for all': Williams' path to NBA generates wave of TCU optimism

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
1548976113-Nuggets-Pelicans-Basketball.jpg

'It's a great story for all': How Kenrich Williams' path to the NBA has generated yet another wave of optimism for TCU

By Dean Straka , Sports Digital Editor Contact Dean Straka on Twitter: @dwstraka49

FORT WORTH -- TCU basketball may not be known as program that regularly churns out NBA-caliber talent, but the Horned Frogs have been given a taste of that satisfaction this season.

Former Horned Frogs guard Kenrich Williams -- less than a year removed from his playing days in Fort Worth -- posted a career-night for the New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday, albeit in a 105-99 loss to the Denver Nuggets. Williams racked up a career-high 21 points, just 24 hours after recording 16 rebounds in a win over the Houston Rockets.

And for TCU head coach Jamie Dixon, all he could do was sit back and smile from afar as one of his former players -- after having the odds stacked against him more than once -- continued to live out a career-dream.

Read more at https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...h-nba-generated-yet-another-wave-optimism-tcu

sdfrog

It’s funny how I would rather watch a Pelicans game than a Rockets game (my home team). Love seeing TCU players do well.

And I don’t care about the NBA.

Agreed. The older I get, the less I care about non-TCU sports. My kids don’t even know non-TCU teams exist until about 5. When someone asks “who do you root for?” My answer is usually based on # of TCU affiliations. Luigi only follow da Horned Frogs.

purpleshades

So happy for TCU basketball and Kenrich. Really couldn’t think of a better ambassador for our program. Guy just handles business and does it in a selfless fashion.

Like I’ve predicted in the past, Kenrich will make a team very happy and he’ll quietly have a solid ~10 year career in the nba. You’d be crazy to not want him on your roster. With all the premadonas that are out there nowadays you’ve got a guy who has length, athleticism, high basketball IQ, extremely productive when given minutes, no drama, reliable/dependable, selflessness, team first, humble and respectful.

He’s the best tcu basketball player in the modern history (Dougherty to present) and it isn’t even close. Keep it up, Kenny Hustle!

Last edited:

Wexahu

It’s funny how I would rather watch a Pelicans game than a Rockets game (my home team). Love seeing TCU players do well.

And I don’t care about the NBA.

The popularity of the NBA is amazing to me. 80% of the teams have no chance of winning anything and nobody seems to care. And who actually wins games is about the 4th or 5th most important thing behind trade rumors, player gossip, who's going to make the all-star team, which player is better/best debates, salary cap projections, etc. And so many people love it.

I personally have almost zero interest in watching any NBA basketball whatsoever until about the conference finals. That and the Finals are great. Everything else is a complete waste of time IMO.

helcap

So happy for TCU basketball and Kenrich. Really couldn’t think of a better ambassador for our program. Guy just handles business and does it in a selfless fashion.

Like I’ve predicted in the past, Kenrich will make a team very happy and he’ll quietly have a solid ~10 year career in the nba. You’d be crazy to not want him on your roster. With all the premadonas that are out there nowadays you’ve got a guy who has length, athleticism, high basketball IQ, extremely productive when given minutes, no drama, reliable/dependable, selflessness, team first, humble and respectful.

He’s the best tcu basketball play in the modern history (Dougherty to present) and it isn’t even close. Keep it up, Kenny Hustle!
LOL at your definition of "modern history"

jake102

The popularity of the NBA is amazing to me. 80% of the teams have no chance of winning anything and nobody seems to care. And who actually wins games is about the 4th or 5th most important thing behind trade rumors, player gossip, who's going to make the all-star team, which player is better/best debates, salary cap projections, etc. And so many people love it.

I personally have almost zero interest in watching any NBA basketball whatsoever until about the conference finals. That and the Finals are great. Everything else is a complete waste of time IMO.

There is only one team that has any chance or winning. It’s absurd to have five superstars on one team.