• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Frogs in fall camp: As TCU's QB competition drags on, Gary Patterson sees promise in newcomers

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: Frogs in fall camp: As TCU's QB competition drags on, Gary Patterson sees promise in newcomers

By Dean Straka , Sports Digital Editor
Contact Dean Straka on Twitter: @dwstraka49

FORT WORTH -- As TCU players darted through the doors and onto the practice fields Saturday, gathered in one corner was what some may consider the most interesting quarterback room in college football.

Through two days of fall camp, the Horned Frogs have hardly found enough of a groove for Gary Patterson to effectively identify a Week 1 starter -- let alone a leading candidate -- from a group that includes at least five viable passers.

"I have to get through five days," Patterson told reporters post-practice. "You can’t tell with the quarterbacks because people are still running routes, learning, all the things that have to happen."

Read more at https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...n-drags-gary-patterson-sees-promise-newcomers

“...TCU’s Quarterback Competition Drags On...”

“Through two days of fall camp, the Horned Frogs have hardly found enough of a groove for Gary Patterson to effectively identify a Week 1 starter...”

Sometimes I wonder if the headline writers even read the stories

Limp Lizard

If one or two QBs throw to the wrong guys, well, just showing talent differences. If they all continue to throw to the defense, that's coaching, or lack of such. If is the latter, we can look forward to another disappointing year. Hopefully Cumbie will be able to perform at the level of his hype (even below the hype some would still give us a good offense). My fingers are crossed and I am pulling for Cumbie to be at the top of every teams "want" list next December.