• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Former TCU WR, Garland product Jordan Hudson announces transfer to SMU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Former TCU WR, Garland product Jordan Hudson announces transfer to SMU​

Story by Joseph Hoyt, The Dallas Morning News

It took a detour, but Jordan Hudson is coming to SMU.

Hudson, a former star receiver at Garland, announced his intention to transfer from TCU to SMU on Sunday. It’s a full-circle moment for Hudson, who once was SMU’s prized commitment before he decided to follow former Mustangs head coach Sonny Dykes to Fort Worth.

Hudson played as a true freshman in all 14 games of TCU’s run to the national title game last season. He had 14 receptions for 174 yards and three touchdowns.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...-hudson-announces-transfer-to-smu/ar-AA1btrxg

PineyWoodsFrog

I don't think it was ONLY about the money. With the wideouts we had come in during the spring, dude was about to be buried on the depth chart. That's a hard pill to swallow when you've already shown flashes that you could be the go-to WR.

Eight

I don't think it was ONLY about the money. With the wideouts we had come in during the spring, dude was about to be buried on the depth chart. That's a hard pill to swallow when you've already shown flashes that you could be the go-to WR.

true, but he had been given an early opportunity in spring to prove he deserved the opportunity and didn't really do much with it as opposed to jpr who seemed to get better with each practice

sonny made mention about how jpr was doing everything they could ask and more in practice, film room, taking care of his body which you would expect from an older player

the hope would be if he got passed up for first team reps hudson would respond and while i don't know how he reacted i am curious if he is one of the players that would fall into the group that sonny referenced when sonny mentioned players they didn't see the progress from that they needed to see over spring