• The KillerFrogs

DMN: For the first time, researchers find captive-bred horny toads that survived winter in the wild

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
1554823072-NM_10hornedmason1.JPG

For the first time, researchers find captive-bred horny toads that survived winter in the wild

Written by
Charles Scudder, Staff Writer

For the first time ever, researchers have found captive-bred Texas horned lizard hatchlings alive after winter hibernation.

It's a big win for the state reptile, which has vanished from Texas landscapes over the past several decades.

New technology has allowed Texas Parks and Wildlife Department officials to track the tiny hatchlings more accurately than ever. In the past, hatchlings were nearly impossible to track after release, and all died within a few months.

Read more at https://www.dallasnews.com/life/tex...ive-bred-horny-toadsthat-survived-winter-wild

Ron Swanson

Beautiful... Assuming turkey hunting, or does your cuz just feel really pretty dressed in fishnet camo?
I didn’t ask but it is turkey season and we have a bunch of gobblers down there this year. I was actually “conversing” with a couple of them two weeks back. Couldn’t close the deal though.

Billy Clyde

I didn’t ask but it is turkey season and we have a bunch of gobblers down there this year. I was actually “conversing” with a couple of them two weeks back. Couldn’t close the deal though.

Spring Turkey the best kind of hunting there is in Texas, IMO, w/ possible exception of pheasant(because, dogs). Gorgeous weather, pastures usually awash in wildflower blooms, and watching them coming towards you will make the hair stand up on the back of your neck. If that ever doesn't do it for you, it's time to quit.