• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Carlton: First CFP rankings will be interesting to see how committee treats Baylor, Big 12

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: Carlton: First CFP rankings will be interesting to see how committee treats Baylor, Big 12

Chuck Carlton
Follow @ChuckCarltonDMN ccarlton@dallasnews.com

Don't expect TCU coach Gary Patterson to be among those watching ESPN's unveiling Tuesday of the first College Football playoff rankings.

He claims to have a good reason, born of experience from last season.

"Why worry about things you don't have any control over," Patterson said, pointing back to the final week of last year's College Playoff rankings. "I was sitting at [No. 3] and won 55-3 and moved down. If anything that I know is, I don't have any control over the rest of it."

The TCU plunge from third to sixth in the final rankings despite a blowout win over Iowa State illustrates just how fluid the CFP rankings can be - even in a five-day span. Imagine how much can occur from Tuesday to Dec. 6 when the final rankings will be announced at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine. ...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/columnists/chuck-carlton/20151102-carlton-first-cfp-rankings-will-be-interesting-to-see-how-committee-treats-baylor-big-12.ece