• The KillerFrogs

DMN: 10 TCU players to watch closely in 2019, including a trio of dynamic DBs

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

By Dean Straka , Sports Digital Editor
Contact Dean Straka on Twitter: @dwstraka49

One year after a barrage of injuries led to a 7-6 finish, TCU is looking to revive itself as the 2019 season approaches.

To quote Gary Patterson, it’s not the program’s first rodeo when it comes to seeking a bounce-back year. Though the team’s response to last year still looms at large, every previous non-winning regular season in Patterson's 19-season tenure as head coach has been followed up by double-digit wins.

If the Horned Frogs are to continue that pattern -- the Horned Frogs went 6-6 in the 2018 regular season before defeating Cal in the Cheez-It Bowl -- it will be up to a mix of veterans and newcomers to get the job done.

Read more at https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...players-watch-2019-including-trio-dynamic-dbs

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus

By Dean Straka , Sports Digital Editor
Contact Dean Straka on Twitter: @dwstraka49

One year after a barrage of injuries led to a 7-6 finish, TCU is looking to revive itself as the 2019 season approaches.

To quote Gary Patterson, it’s not the program’s first rodeo when it comes to seeking a bounce-back year. Though the team’s response to last year still looms at large, every previous non-winning regular season in Patterson's 19-season tenure as head coach has been followed up by double-digit wins.

If the Horned Frogs are to continue that pattern -- the Horned Frogs went 6-6 in the 2018 regular season before defeating Cal in the Cheez-It Bowl -- it will be up to a mix of veterans and newcomers to get the job done.

Read more at https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...players-watch-2019-including-trio-dynamic-dbs
Captain obvious strikes again.

asleep003

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Unless we have a monster season (and he especially has a monster season), I would bet he comes back for another year.
Hope you are right ! 2019 will be his 4th season at TCU, and with a projected special season, why $hould he roll the dice on a potential injury in 2020....

LisaLT

Hope you are right ! 2019 will be his 4th season at TCU, and with a projected special season, why $hould he roll the dice on a potential injury in 2020....
I certainly hope the sky's the limit for Ross. That injury really sucked last year, missing the whole season. He is such a key piece of the DL. I look forward to watching him in action this year.

I hope all our players stay healthy (well I guess Cole Bunce withstanding). :)

netty2424

If he was smart he’d go. With that injury, never know what might happen. Hard enough to come back from one, not sure I’ve ever heard of anyone having two or coming back from two.