• The KillerFrogs

Dixon Twitter Message

robbroyy

One of the UCLA writers said this morning they were circling back on him so I’m guessing he waited until it was certain he wasn’t going

Zubaz

Interesting he posted this right after news that Cronin accepted. Wonder if he was waiting to be sure UCLA wasn’t coming back.
You can dissect it to read it any way, what he said or what he didn't, whether he did this on his own or JD / VB told him to, it's a bit of a Rorshach that way.

Bottom line, Coach is staying and appears committed to do the job he was hired to do. Can't ask for much more given the situation.

Eight

One of the UCLA writers said this morning they were circling back on him so I’m guessing he waited until it was certain he wasn’t going

ucla fundamentally lowballed cal, they wouldn't pay the buyout for dixon, they wouldn't pay the buyout for barnes and that was 3 m less, so exactly what would be accomplished by coming back to dixon?

tcu wasn't going to change their mind and i am pretty sure dixon didn't hit the lotto or mega millions so my experience has been in sales when you pitched has been rejected because you aren't in the ballpark of where you need to be you don't go back with the same pitch.

the only thing more misguided in this entire episode than the media covering ucla is the people running the actual search for ucla.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
I lost respect for Dixon. IMO, he lacks leadership. He had locker room problems this year. As noted above, he is having to explain to many stakeholders that he is committed to TCU. If he was committed to rebuilding the program, he would have honorably said "Thanks UCLA, but no thanks. I'm committed to TCU".

Delray Frog

In what way does Dixon lack leadership?? Just because UCLA approached him (he didn't approach UCLA) and he gave some thought to returning to his childhood home to be closer to his family and his dad who is suffering from cancer? That makes him less of a leader in your eyes? He had unprecedented injury issues this year and still took 7 players and won 23 games with them. You are welcome to your opinion but clearly you know nothing about Jamie Dixon the person because he will do everything he can to make his alma mater a winner!

Eight

I lost respect for Dixon. IMO, he lacks leadership. He had locker room problems this year. As noted above, he is having to explain to many stakeholders that he is committed to TCU. If he was committed to rebuilding the program, he would have honorably said "Thanks UCLA, but no thanks. I'm committed to TCU".

just for frame of reference when casey came back from rehab and there was a divide in the locker room over whether he or boykin should be the quarterback or say this year with the divide over the quarterback position was that a lack of leadership on the part of patterson?

course gary has never talked to other programs so we don't have to factor that into the equation as well.

Hell Sent Frog

I think once Dixon found out that UCLA was not the big pay raise he felt it might be, he lost most of the interest he had in making the change.

There were some awfully big dollar numbers being thrown around by the media when UCLA was supposedly trying to start things with Calipari.
Naturally, Dixon was willing to listen when UCLA came to him about going there.

UCLA always seemed out of step when dealing with Jaime.
Despite what their local media was implying and pushing for, the Bruins weren't serious about coming up with the money to steal a successful head coach from another Power Five program.

It is deja vu all over again, despite having the resources and a deep tradition to preserve, UCLA choked.
Neither with Cronin or Alford before him did UCLA lure a successful head coach away from another Power Five school.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

just for frame of reference when casey came back from rehab and there was a divide in the locker room over whether he or boykin should be the quarterback or say this year with the divide over the quarterback position was that a lack of leadership on the part of patterson?

course gary has never talked to other programs so we don't have to factor that into the equation as well.

Gary has also never been a last minute intervention from Jerry Jones (advocating for Petrino) away from being the HC at Arkansas.