• The KillerFrogs

Division I council recommending NCAA removes ‘one-time’ transfer rule and have two ‘entry windows’ to the portal

Dtx_Frog_Fan

I’m the NIL age we have to go back to the old sit out one year rule. It’s the best way to balance between rightfully letting kids cash in on their talents and having roster stability.

Wexahu

I’m the NIL age we have to go back to the old sit out one year rule. It’s the best way to balance between rightfully letting kids cash in on their talents and having roster stability.
Calling it “NIL” is really stupid. They aren’t making money on their “name, image and likeness”. At least a vast majority of the money isn’t coming from that.

Wexahu

What if the school does not have the appropriate master's program that he/she wants for their work force career?
Well, tough luck I guess. I really doubt that truly comes into play very often.

A lot of things get screwed up in an effort to make an accommodation for every single situation.

Endless Purple

Well, tough luck I guess. I really doubt that truly comes into play very often.

A lot of things get screwed up in an effort to make an accommodation for every single situation.
Unfortunately, it is thoughts like this that I wish we had a down vote button (very rare for me to find). Have to disagree strongly for a university to hold back a player on their graduate school education simply to punish them for transferring for sports.

Wexahu

Unfortunately, it is thoughts like this that I wish we had a down vote button (very rare for me to find). Have to disagree strongly for a university to hold back a player on their graduate school education simply to punish them for transferring for sports.
Nobody is "punishing" anyone. Jeezus, you make it sound like the poor kid would be going to jail. At worst, he'd have to go to another school that has the degree program he wants and figure out how to pay for it, like most everyone else has to do. Couldn't play sports, but oh god, the horror of that. People want to pretend these players are just used by the universities now anyway, now it's supposed to be some major injustice that they aren't allowed to compete?

Let's be honest though, out of all the graduate transfer situations/decisions, how many are truly motivated by academics?

Eight

Nobody is "punishing" anyone. Jeezus, you make it sound like the poor kid would be going to jail. At worst, he'd have to go to another school that has the degree program he wants and figure out how to pay for it, like most everyone else has to do. Couldn't play sports, but oh god, the horror of that. People want to pretend these players are just used by the universities now anyway, now it's supposed to be some major injustice that they aren't allowed to compete?

Let's be honest though, out of all the graduate transfer situations/decisions, how many are truly motivated by academics?

don't know, know that in the case of josh norman he actually factored in losing credits if he transferred into his decision, but i would guess he is the exception

as far as i am concerned the loi is a contract between the school and the player and for me if the player fulfills their academic requirement of graduating he should be allowed to transfer out without losing the season.

the other thing to remember about the ncaa sports is most other sports don't require transfers to sit out a year and football has been the exception instead of the rule

FrogAbroad

Free and unlimited transfers. They are now employees and, unless signing LOIs or NILs are considered contracts, let 'em move from one employer to another, the way most of the rest of us do. Oh...also FIT, FICA, SUT, etc and so forth must also apply. They are professionals and deserve to be treated as such.