• The KillerFrogs

"Disrespect"

morterforker

QUOTE(killerfrogstcu @ Oct 29 2009, 05:34 PM) [snapback]421199[/snapback]
You've also been suspending people who have no relation to that site and just voiced an opinion with a PM that says "just another punk".
I know there are going to be people who will always be loyal to KF.C, but this might drive people away who really want an OPEN forum.

And this is what you wanted all along. I was trying to give you guys the benefit of the doubt early on, but you seem to show your true colors more and more.

S

Sir Wesley Willis

QUOTE(Scott @ Oct 29 2009, 05:00 PM) [snapback]421154[/snapback]
Talk about a 360 in the middle of the road. You flap your mouth about the Letterman....& then come on here saying you really did not mean it?

Furthermore, no one has threatened physical violence, so you boys can can go wash pants now. I told your fearful leader, that he would not say his profane tirade to my face. He acted as if he would not only do that....but he would laugh when he saw me. I just invited him to do such.

As far as The Letterman's Smoker, I cannot control those guys. So I will not speak for them.

No one was on here posting the rude comments, that you have made about this site & it's members. We do not even waste our time.

You are free to post here....but not about your site. If you cannot handle that.....You know the door.

a 360 in the middle of the road? pretty sure that means the same direction, pal.

By saying that he won't say things to your face, you're inferring that if he did say them to your face, you would fight him over it. That's just common sense.

I just came on here trying to be an adult about the matter and wanted to tell everyone our side of the story. Based on a lot of the commenters on our site who claim to be jumping ship from here, or who have been banned, it sounds like our side of the story has convinced some folks.

You talk this big game about how we won't say things to your face, and all I'm saying is that we'll gladly meet you halfway and let you know how we feel. No one is afraid of you.

K

killerfrogstcu

QUOTE(Lomez @ Oct 29 2009, 05:35 PM) [snapback]421204[/snapback]
Not defending anything those guys said...some of those comments certainly were not warranted, and I understand how one would take offense to them.

But for Scott to act all high & mighty..."we don't want to be associated with that kind of vulgarity, etc" and then turn around and make his own childish remarks about them is a bit hypocritical.

Neither side is completely in the right here

Go Frogs

Agreed.

The Unnatural

QUOTE(Scott @ Oct 29 2009, 05:30 PM) [snapback]421194[/snapback]
We chose not to be associated with a website, that degrades women

Scott, If you are seriously concerned about the degradation of women, shouldn't some of these profile pictures be changed?

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
QUOTE(PM Productions @ Oct 29 2009, 05:22 PM) [snapback]421188[/snapback]
I can speak from a position of expierience...

SB wants more readership, they work hard and want to see results...

Scott and KF.C don't want to lose readership and want this forum to stay as they like it, which is their choice...

This will continue on as long as both sites exsist... Simple as that.

I am fairly glad that I got out of the biz... To me, It seems like a mom and pop grocery store competing against Wal-Mart... Eventually, Scott got out the brass knuckles, and used his leverage to push back...

Just a thought: Who is more immature Scott... The young kids trying to promote a website about TCU sports, or a grown gentlemen who gets in a fight about a couple of websites, websites that all have the same goal.

One day, you will look back and say, WOW that was dumb.

For now, keep on the crusade.

I am far from perfect.....I will agree with that!

However, we are NOT out to stomp down the smaller websites. We do have a problem with how these smaller websites are unethical in how they want to get our readers to their sites.

You may or not believe this......but we sincerely do not care if our members visit other websites. We feel our members are loyal to Kf.c.....& they will be back.

That is why we are SOOOOO tired of hearing about that we are scared of losing members. We are not. We put out a specific product for all to enjoy. Frankly, It thrills me to see some of our members leave. They run off other potential good members.

You guys make this site.....not Wes or Scott! We try to provide a controlled environment that all can enjoy. We cannot please everyone's taste. For every person that wants profanity on here....I would lose one. We are not the Gestapo.....but someone has to keep the site in line.

If I'm the BAD COP....so be it!

S

Sir Wesley Willis

QUOTE(M7Frog @ Oct 29 2009, 05:24 PM) [snapback]421189[/snapback]
Based on what I've read so far, I personally find this hard to believe. I'm sure you wanted to help out PPS and TCU, but I don't believe for a second it had nothing to do with free pub for your site. You admitted you wouldn't win, so there really wasn't any true competition, just free pub. Not sure if your going to do this or not, but why not have your own fund raiser and donate to PPS. You may already be doing it. If so, I applaud you. Good luck with your site and bringing in more fans. Now, please stop posting on this and let's move on.

M7

Honestly, the whole conversation started because we were brainstorming ideas to get people into the stadium that didnt' involve hog tieing and dragging them in. This has nothing to do with website promotion - like I said, we make no money from the site and, even though readership has increased, most of still think of it as little ole spit that serves a small audience. It's a great way for us to kill some time during our workday to focus on TCU football and see some varying opinions on what we write. If readership increases, that's just icing on the cake.

The truth is, due to all of this, we are going to absolutely massacre any sort of daily record we ever had on our site, and for that, we thank all of you. Nothing breeds attention like controversy. By going out of your way to ignore us, you've actually given us a much larger audience.

And as far as the "hiding behind a computer thing" it should be noted that Scott contacted thefinch through facebook,and this IS a message board, so isn't that what we're all doing?

Scott

QUOTE(Sir Wesley Willis @ Oct 29 2009, 05:39 PM) [snapback]421208[/snapback]
a 360 in the middle of the road? pretty sure that means the same direction, pal.

By saying that he won't say things to your face, you're inferring that if he did say them to your face, you would fight him over it. That's just common sense.

I just came on here trying to be an adult about the matter and wanted to tell everyone our side of the story. Based on a lot of the commenters on our site who claim to be jumping ship from here, or who have been banned, it sounds like our side of the story has convinced some folks.

You talk this big game about how we won't say things to your face, and all I'm saying is that we'll gladly meet you halfway and let you know how we feel. No one is afraid of you.

Get the WE out of your pocket & grow a pair!

As far as the ones you are referring to......Good riddance!

P

PM Productions

QUOTE(Scott @ Oct 29 2009, 05:48 PM) [snapback]421214[/snapback]
I am far from perfect.....I will agree with that!

However, we are NOT out to stomp down the smaller websites. We do have a problem with how these smaller websites are unethical in how they want to get our readers to their sites.

You may or not believe this......but we sincerely do not care if our members visit other websites. We feel our members are loyal to Kf.c.....& they will be back.

That is why we are SOOOOO tired of hearing about that we are scared of losing members. We are not. We put out a specific product for all to enjoy. Frankly, It thrills me to see some of our members leave. They run off other potential good members.

You guys make this site.....not Wes or Scott! We try to provide a controlled environment that all can enjoy. We cannot please everyone's taste. For every person that wants profanity on here....I would lose one. We are not the Gestapo.....but someone has to keep the site in line.

If I'm the BAD COP....so be it!

If I was in your position, I probably would agree...

But what I wouldnt have done was send emails, that do seem to be a little out of line with what I would say is good, gentlemanly conversation. They do have posters that say bad things, sometimes very rude things, but I think be responding to it you have stooped to their level, and now have "opened your fly" in a sense. Let them be, delete any attempts where they try to use your site as free advertising, and let them be.

I think that would be the truly Purple thing to do, right?

Scott

QUOTE(The Unnatural @ Oct 29 2009, 05:45 PM) [snapback]421211[/snapback]
Scott, If you are seriously concerned about the degradation of women, shouldn't some of these profile pictures be changed?

We clean them up all the time....

You want to name your objections?

Mike Brooks

I can't believe this thread has gone supernova. Counterproductive from a KF.c standpoint I would think. I didn't know the other site existed until now. I wonder how many will surf just to see what all the hubbub is about. We are just feeding oxygen to the fire.

Viking Frog

Scott,

It's either funny or sad that you keep revoking people's posting privileges for posting their opinion.

Sir Wesley Willis came on here trying to express his honest opinion and set the story straight and you shoot him down and kick him off of KFC.

That makes no sense to me and I feel like you are totally over reacting to this entire situation.