• The KillerFrogs

"Disrespect"

Lomez

QUOTE(middle man @ Oct 29 2009, 04:22 PM) [snapback]421105[/snapback]
Wouldnt it be great if all TCU sites combined their powers and they somehow became Captain Planet? Now thats what I am talking about. The Captain Planet of TCU

The Power is YOURS

...but if we're gonna talk about coming together to form a greater force, I prefer Voltron.

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
QUOTE(LawFrog @ Oct 29 2009, 04:02 PM) [snapback]421046[/snapback]
Scott,

I have never felt more disrespected in my entire life. You are a very low person to use such generalities. The majority of contributors on that other site are hard working to support themselves and their family without any help from "Daddy". I am almost speechless, almost. I would love to hear from where you heard that the people over there are trash and live on money from trust funds. Since I know every contributor over there, and know how they live and support themselves, I know that you are lying. If you want to take this as me calling you out as a liar, then so be it. I sure hope that everyone here notices your snide and untrue comments. I have always enjoyed the general banter of both sites but no more. I am disgusted. Please be good enough to cancel my account.

See ya!

Scott

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Oct 29 2009, 04:12 PM) [snapback]421072[/snapback]
LOL at all the SB readers who have screenames here that are over here lecturing Scott..... Hilarious.

Bingo.....Do we even care to post on their site? :rolleyes:

JimSwinkLives!

popcorn.gif

tetonfrog

QUOTE(middle man @ Oct 29 2009, 09:22 PM) [snapback]421105[/snapback]
Scott,
......I would think everyone worships what yall do for TCU.

Worship? Scott, you're a good dude, but worship is a little too much for me spit out. :tongue:

Scott

QUOTE(Ilikefootballalot @ Oct 29 2009, 03:59 PM) [snapback]421035[/snapback]
I'm not going to defend anything he's said or what anyone over there has said, but by saying stuff like

"I......would not even tangle with John Marsh. When he & his boys find out these comments.......there may be a Fire Sale on frat rat gear in LOT 3. :tongue: "

...you are insinuating violence against him and his friends and with all due respect, you are out of line, too.

Again....He & your posters made the disparaging comments about the Letterman, Kf.c & our members.

If you are going to spout noise off about folks.....you best be able to back it up.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Oct 29 2009, 04:20 PM) [snapback]421097[/snapback]
Anyways you guys have fun. With the cool weather coming in I am off to the store to get some things to make chili tonight...

HEY ME TOO!! I'm going with venison chili tonight. I've got a great simple recipe if you want it, and it involves using a chili kit, not having to put 47 different spice measurements in there.

Pretty much the only ingredients are...

Chili meat
Rotel
Beer
Chopped onion
Pickled jalapenos
Chili kit mix
Salt & Pepper to taste
Corn Starch to thicken at the end

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(Rangerfrog @ Oct 29 2009, 04:38 PM) [snapback]421126[/snapback]
A large portion of readers visit both sites

Really? You speak for many then ? Is this based on extensive knowledge or the use of numerous screen names by 1 or 2 individuals?

Pinkyfrog

QUOTE(Scott @ Oct 29 2009, 05:00 PM) [snapback]421154[/snapback]
Talk about a 360 in the middle of the road. You flap your mouth about the Letterman....& then come on here saying you really did not mean it?

Furthermore, no one has threatened physical violence, so you boys can can go wash pants now. I told your fearful leader, that he would not say his profane tirade to my face. He acted as if he would not only do that....but he would laugh when he saw me. I just invited him to do such.

As far as The Letterman's Smoker, I cannot control those guys. So I will not speak for them.

No one was on here posting the rude comments, that you have made about this site & it's members. We do not even waste our time.

You are free to post here....but not about your site. If you cannot handle that.....You know the door.

If you wern't suggesting physical violence why did you make challenge of him saying something to your face? That infers some sort of intimidation factor you would have over him. Just curious, not taking any sides.

Scott

QUOTE(Sir Wesley Willis @ Oct 29 2009, 04:20 PM) [snapback]421095[/snapback]
As a contributor to "that other site," I just thought it'd be in my interest to take some time and give full disclosure to the situation at hand, at least from our perspective. Yesterday, myself and a handful of others on our site had all just read Coach Patterson's address to the fans that was published in the Star Telegram- an article I have to assume most of you are quite familiar with by this time. We got to talking about our BCS chances and how attendance is going to play as big a role as any in our being selected and how pathetic it's going to be if BCS reps are to show up Saturday for the UNLV game and we have 35,000 in the stands. It's something that pains us all, but unfortunately it's not something that's all that easy to change - football success apparently hasn't equaled attendance. Purple People Seaters is run by one of my good friends and we thought that this would be a very direct way to not only boost attendance for our remaining home games, but also donate to a good cause. This is where the PayPal account idea came from, as well as the now well documented website competition. In the past, KF has been very intolerant of promotion of our site, which is fine because, when you make money from something, you obviously don't want competition cutting into your bottom line. We respect that, and are fine with it, but please don't misunderstand our motives for promotion - despite the ads on our site, we generate practically no revenue and simply wish to promote TCU athletics, just like we hope KF does as well. We obviously wish we had 36,000 members of our site and not one of us will say otherwise, but we're also 10 years younger than KF and are still trying to grow.

Anyway, back to the fundraiser, we proposed the idea of having an inter-blog competition to see which blog could raise the most money for PPS. Now, obviously we didn't think we could win the thing - we simply don't have the readership - but that wasn't remotely the point. We had just hoped to fill the stadium for this weekend's game help some kids while we were at it. needless to say, the KF ownership was not on board, and this made us angry - not because we're the jealous little brother, but because, despite our methods, we have a common interest which is to promote TCU athletics, and in turn, help a good cause. Because of this, some of us said some negative things about your site in the heat of the moment, and I'm sure we are all sorry. I'm not responsible for the other commenters on the site, but if I offended any Lettermen, I sincerely apologize because that was not my intent. In fact, you could really say we worship the Lettermen as fans, and wholeheartedly respect the groundwork you guys helped lay for our current success.

What we don't condone - and what has led to the boiling over of today - is for someone to threaten the physical well being of one of our members. Especially over something as trivial as a blog entry. That is absolutely uncalled for, and I think most of you know it. KF can discredit and bad mouth our blog all they want, but there's a line and that crossed it. Scott, I don't know you personally and I'm not here to attack you, but really dude? Among the many comments you've made that were totally out of line, the whole trust fund/scourge of TCU stuff is a bit excessive. In fact, I don't know anyone that has a trust fund - maybe I was just friends with the wrong group of people. I'd also like to know who these people are that think we're so terrible because, if you look on Saturday, we will likely have the busiest tailgate section in the entire stadium. I'm not bragging, but considering TCU has come and told us that we're overcrowding more than once, I feel correct in saying that.

If Scott or anyone else wants to hash this out face to face, we will all be in attendance Saturday and will gladly bury the hatchet, but not under the pressure of physical violence. Few us of may have played for TCU - in fact, really only about one of us - but we're as true of TCU fans as anyone else and we take great pride in that fact. We don't expect everyone to like our methods and we don't expect everyone to condone the lack of censorship our blog promotes. We don't advertise ourselves as a family friendly site and, if you take a look around most fan sites, you'll find we aren't alone. We are in a very unique situation at TCU as most major football programs with the success we have have many similar sites to compete with, so we should embrace the fact that there aren't many of us out there - outside of rivals, hornedfrogsports, us and KF, who is there? - and be tolerant of the other's presence. You don't have to like us, but you also don't have to threaten us.

Talk about a 360 in the middle of the road. You flap your mouth about the Letterman....& then come on here saying you really did not mean it?

Furthermore, no one has threatened physical violence, so you boys can can go wash pants now. I told your fearful leader, that he would not say his profane tirade to my face. He acted as if he would not only do that....but he would laugh when he saw me. I just invited him to do such.

As far as The Letterman's Smoker, I cannot control those guys. So I will not speak for them.

No one was on here posting the rude comments, that you have made about this site & it's members. We do not even waste our time.

You are free to post here....but not about your site. If you cannot handle that.....You know the door.

FROGDADDY

I really don't have an opinion either way, but the dude on the other site who made the comments about the fat lettermen that sit in the parking lot and don't come into the games probably should have thought twice before putting that gem out there for all to see. People get so tough sitting on their anonymous butt behind a keyboard and think it's cool to spout off when reality is that they would probably be scared sh**less to even look said lettermen in the eye. If you're gonna run your mouth then be prepared for a response. If you don't like the response then quit running your mouth.

screetch

Funny how you always get what you don't want. By banning the word sp1tblood over here, I bet they have had more traffic today than ever before.

Lomez

QUOTE(Scott @ Oct 29 2009, 05:00 PM) [snapback]421154[/snapback]
No one was on here posting rude comments

You yourself said:

"These guys are the little 'trust fund' bunch who run to Daddy when they have issues. They are the trash of our students.....& I have been repeatedly told so."

That's not a rude comment?

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(spitbludtcu.com @ Oct 29 2009, 05:05 PM) [snapback]421159[/snapback]
Scott,
You keep making yourself look like a bigger jackass with every comment you make. If you would read the post, we were not talking [Deleted] about all lettermen, just specifically the ones that are supposedly huge TCU fans but don't go in the games and eat BBQ and watch tv(not even a tcu game) instead. As for KFC, shouldn't it just be KF, bc KFC is technically Kentucky Fried Chicken and I bet they could sue you for using their trademark, we don't dislike the site. It's just you. I'm pretty sure in the past nobody was trying to steal your audience. Spitblud is a completely different site with a different target audience. But we are trying to accomplish the same thing, giving TCU fans news and information about the frogs. But you think we are trying to steal your thunder. I mean, you won't even do a friendly competition to raise money with us bc you are scared of our site. And you really think we are disrespectful to women? You are a freaking idiot. Trust fund thing was pretty out of line and so was trying to fight the owner of SP in the parking lot. Real Cool buddy. And I probably wouldn't recommend that by the way you look. Have fun with your Internet friends bc you probably don't have any others.

You showed him. Very intelligent post. Having just read your site for the first time in my life 5 minutes ago, I'm struck by how absolutely pathetic it was for this Finch character to post Scott's comments on his site. That's as weak as it gets.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(screetch @ Oct 29 2009, 05:04 PM) [snapback]421163[/snapback]
Funny how you always get what you don't want. By banning the word sp1tblood over here, I bet they have had more traffic today than ever before.

Perhaps, but how many people will ever go back? I won't.

Scott

QUOTE(Lomez @ Oct 29 2009, 05:05 PM) [snapback]421162[/snapback]
You yourself said:

"These guys are the little 'trust fund' bunch who run to Daddy when they have issues. They are the trash of our students.....& I have been repeatedly told so."

That's not a rude comment?

Hey Lomez.....wake up dude! That was after their attack on our site. You seem pretty defensive....

Lomez

QUOTE(Scott @ Oct 29 2009, 05:10 PM) [snapback]421167[/snapback]
Hey Lomez.....wake up dude! That was after their attack on our site. You seem pretty defensive....

I seem defensive? Is this a witch hunt? Am I going to get banned, too? I just wanted some of the fun!

Everyone lighten up. Go Frogs

Scott

QUOTE(Pinkyfrog @ Oct 29 2009, 04:59 PM) [snapback]421158[/snapback]
If you wern't suggesting physical violence why did you make challenge of him saying something to your face? That infers some sort of intimidation factor you would have over him. Just curious, not taking any sides.

That means he can sit behind his little PC & make all the comments he wants.....but he won't to my face. Never threatened him.