• The KillerFrogs

Disney/Comcast Bidding War for some FOX Assets

Nick Danger

ou has some bigger problems than budgetary shortfalls.

how about a professor emeritus taking trips to thailand supposedly on school business and instead taking the trips to have sex with underage girls
Having a single professor take field trips to Thailand to travel down the treacherous Poontang River is hardly a bigger problem than a one billion dollar shortfall! :eek:

Last edited:

MAcFroggy

DOJ has approved purchase with the requirement Disney divest of the regional sports networks. Wonder who will be a player for those? ATT? Or maybe fox keeps some of those. Will be interesting to see how that effects that RSNs and from a TCU perspective our agreement with fox and the other big 12 schools.

DOJ has approved purchase with the requirement Disney divest of the regional sports networks. Wonder who will be a player for those? ATT? Or maybe fox keeps some of those. Will be interesting to see how that effects that RSNs and from a TCU perspective our agreement with fox and the other big 12 schools.

PE has shown a lot of interest in these in the past, I expect that will be the case now. The leagues will also likely show interest, but they probably won't get their act together. Fox will NOT be keeping them.

MAcFroggy

Depends on the buyer and the price... Hard to say today.

There is a big difference in one RSN vs. the other RE: Their books and financial outlook. Hard to value as a group.

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/disney-could-sell-off-regional-sports-networks-piecemeal.html

This article is kind of saying what you are saying. Looks like it might be piecemeal. I wonder how that effects the big 12 (particularly TCU). I imagine FSSW is one of the better RSNs that fox has. It has most rangers games, most mavs games, lots of stars games, and college sports.

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/disney-could-sell-off-regional-sports-networks-piecemeal.html

This article is kind of saying what you are saying. Looks like it might be piecemeal. I wonder how that effects the big 12 (particularly TCU). I imagine FSSW is one of the better RSNs that fox has. It has most rangers games, most mavs games, lots of stars games, and college sports.

The assclowns at Awful Announcing have no idea what they are talking about, generally.

The problem with breaking up the RSN's is that a lot of their value was derived from the collection of networks, they could share programming and distribute content costs efficiently. If you break them up, most RSNs will have to skinny up pretty significantly.