1. The KillerFrogs

Disappointed in TCU

Discussion in 'Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum' started by smufrogger, Mar 17, 2018.

1. #201 flyfishingfrog, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    I was actually hoping to get some opinions and maybe educate some of our alumni a few of the things TCU has to consider when running everyday - but I am fine killing this in general besides it’s clear that most of the complainers don’t really understand basic finance concepts and want it all for a cheap price

So let’s just move on since you guys have to click on a thread you don’t care about to give your opinion...

2. tcu isn't alone in that two year requirement and I am not sure i have seen a college with a good handle on student housing. most of the big schools don't have enough and have left the void to be filled by private companies and most of the smaller force food and lodging requirements to subsidize other needs. no silver bullet on any of this .

if I recall correctly the chancellor made a comment he would like to have enough student housing on campus to provide any student who wants to live on campus to have a space. is that more along the lines of being part of the village so to speak or maximizing revenue model

3. Vanderbilt has a great handle on student housing. 90% of undergraduates live on campus which is insane.

TCU was just under 50% last time I checked. No idea if that is still correct or not.