• The KillerFrogs

Diehards: TCU baseball coach Jim Schlossnagle sheds light on Chris Del Conte’s departure

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU baseball coach Jim Schlossnagle sheds light on Chris Del Conte’s departure

Dean Straka
@dwstraka49

FORT WORTH — For TCU head coach Jim Schlossnagle, Chris Del Conte’s departure for the Texas athletic director position was news to him as much as it was for all Horned Frogs fans.

The 13-year TCU head coach, who has taken the Horned Frogs to four consecutive College World Series appearances, said there was no advance notice of Del Conte’s decision to leave the university for the job with the Longhorns.

But despite the sudden turn of events, Schlossnagle said there were indicators that Del Conte’s tenure in Fort Worth was potentially winding down — even if the end came sooner than expected.

Read more at https://www.diehards.com/tcu/tcu-ba...snagle-sheds-light-chris-del-contes-departure

Wonder how long Del Conte's 'shelf life' will be at UT? Having to deal with that incredible myriad of honchos

and politicos in Austin could be a sobering, arduous experience.

Same Ole Wiley

Wonder how long Del Conte's 'shelf life' will be at UT? Having to deal with that incredible myriad of honchos

and politicos in Austin could be a sobering, arduous experience.

good point. More than likely he will have far less say on the duration of his shelf life' in Austin. I wish him luck. ut-austin is a complete mess right now, which I continue to celebrate on the reg, but they have no business being so pathetic.

4th. down

good point. More than likely he will have far less say on the duration of his shelf life' in Austin. I wish him luck. ut-austin is a complete mess right now, which I continue to celebrate on the reg, but they have no business being so pathetic.

The Texas big cigars will always be there with their money and power and some seem to think they know a little about football. It's not going to be a smooth ride for him. Hopefully in the future he doesn't hire some of our coaches.

notyalc

I had the impression that Del Conte enjoyed the challenge of winning over every person he meets. Having won done that here is was time for the ultimate challenge. Good luck with that!

frogs9497

You’ve got to love this quote coming from the leader of one of the best baseball programs in the country:

“The grass was never greener for him and I know that this decision was not about the grass being greener,” Schlossnagle said. “I know that for sure.”

HToady

When you view this, you see a few of the many folks, that think they are in charge, that CDC will have to deal with on a daily basis. It's exhausting.

Leap Frog

The Donati hiring has me thinking this about CDC leaving::
TCU has learned, through many experiences, to be on guard.
"Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst".

Last edited:

ECoastFrog

He kept saying "Go Horns" (kinda like we say "Go Frogs") in his intro day at UT, then by the end of the day was saying "Hook 'Em." Some habits will have to be broken.

I find it amazing that so many talented coaches, admins, athletes go to UT thinking THEY will be the ones that turn things around...but nope. They don't. I wish all the best for CDC, but not sure this is the best decision of his life.