• The KillerFrogs

Did you stand the first six minutes?

Brog

Our crazy "tradition" of standing until the opponent hit its first basket got tested today. It was just over six minutes in the game before Florida hit its first basket....and then, loud cheers went up from the people there. When the Gators rallied late, even tied the game, those cheering for their first basket had to do a little wondering. Is this really a good Frog tradition, do you think? Six minutes into the game?

Pharm Frog

Finding things to complain about
And yes most people stood except during the timeout

This is true. Mrs Pharm and I were compliant with the new tradition and re-stood post TO. That said, the lady behind us asked us to sit down which created a bit of a conflict....be true to the new tradition or be an ass to a possible octogenarian (May have been a handful of years short of that)

Horned Toad

We stood and it’s an awkward new tradition but I’ll continue to do it until we don’t do it anymore. I would have explanined it to anyone that would have complained. The light thing on the phone is akward too as it’s hard to clap holding your phone up. I would have been glad to stand for 15 minutes had it gone that long.

Horned Toad

There was not a single person standing in the high price seats behind the folding chair people. There was not a single person standing in the folding chair section,. In section 201, there was ONE person standing.
I saw that from across the floor in section 211. No one looked like they were standing on the “home side” lower sections. Everyone was standing on the team bench side it seemed.

netty2424

There was not a single person standing in the high price seats behind the folding chair people. There was not a single person standing in the folding chair section,. In section 201, there was ONE person standing.
Typical entitled TCU fans who mock others traditions as dumb, and fail to support their own. New or old.

And how often will it take 6 minutes for an opponent to score? Not often.

CountryFrog

I stood. It's not that hard, but it's also not worth complaining about if you don't like it because it's fairly meaningless in and of itself.

The idea is to hopefully get people to be louder from the beginning of the game. The actual standing is secondary. I did think the crowd was a little more into the game today than against Texas. I still don't understand why so many people spend their time and money to go to a live sporting event and then watch it as if they're in their living room by themselves.

MTfrog5

This is true. Mrs Pharm and I were compliant with the new tradition and re-stood post TO. That said, the lady behind us asked us to sit down which created a bit of a conflict....be true to the new tradition or be an ass to a possible octogenarian (May have been a handful of years short of that)
Tradition or not, how the hell are you going to tell someone to sit down when you start the game on an 11-0 run with 3 big blocks in the first 4 minutes. Crowd was into it in the first 10 minutes of the game it sounded like on TV

CountryFrog

Tradition or not, how the hell are you going to tell someone to sit down when you start the game on an 11-0 run with 3 big blocks in the first 4 minutes. Crowd was into it in the first 10 minutes of the game it sounded like on TV
People who want to sit the whole time are welcome to watch the game on the video board. Telling people at a football or basketball game to sit down is about as dumb as Aggy fans chanting SEC.

Pharm Frog

All I can say to this is that Mrs Pharm will sit when asked 100% of the time. I’m more in the 50% range.

Pharm Frog

We stood and it’s an awkward new tradition but I’ll continue to do it until we don’t do it anymore. I would have explanined it to anyone that would have complained. The light thing on the phone is akward too as it’s hard to clap holding your phone up. I would have been glad to stand for 15 minutes had it gone that long.

I would offer that every tradition in its first year is awkward. Giggle

Bob Sugar

I stood. I like that they are trying to improve the home court advantage. Guy behind me was a gator fan with a walker, so without prompting, I switched seats with my 3yr old so that I was not standing directly in front of him. But I dispise the typical fan who expects everyone to sit the whole time.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I sat... in a car on the highway on the way to the game. But, this is one reason why I like the back row of 212. I stand a lot, and I would not react well to someone asking me to sit.