1. The KillerFrogs

Did Sweden have it right?

Discussion in 'Hell's Half Acre' started by bleedpurple, Jul 16, 2020.

1. I’m starting to think so. This crap is ridiculous.

Bob Sugar likes this.
  2. oh, i thought you meant about music

[​IMG]

3. I may be moving to Sweeden soon. Have to verify the presence of pumpkin pie and pumpkin pancakes first.

Salfrog, Mean Purple and BABYFACE like this.
  4. Scandinavian lives matter?

berryfrog95 and Mean Purple like this.
  5. Yes. Not perfect, but more right than anyone else.

6. You can't compare us to them...they have less nasty people than we do

Salfrog and bleedpurple like this.
  7. In the sense that they didn’t ruin countless additional lives for a useless lockdown, absolutely they did it right. But they still lost a lot of LTC facility folks. Not sure what
    could have been different, but makes me think twice about ever putting a loved one into one of those homes. Rough situation.

Salfrog and BABYFACE like this.
  8. Sweden Has Become the World’s Cautionary Tale

Its decision to carry on in the face of the pandemic has yielded a surge of deaths without sparing its economy from damage — a red flag as the United States and Britain move to lift lockdowns.

LONDON — Ever since the coronavirus emerged in Europe, Sweden has captured international attention by conducting an unorthodox, open-air experiment. It has allowed the world to examine what happens in a pandemic when a government allows life to carry on largely unhindered.

This is what has happened: Not only have thousands more people died than in neighboring countries that imposed lockdowns, but Sweden’s economy has fared little better.

“They literally gained nothing,” said Jacob F. Kirkegaard, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics in Washington. “It’s a self-inflicted wound, and they have no economic gains.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/business/sweden-economy-coronavirus.html

Sweden and Trump's non response to Covid-19 is a clear fail.

9. Exactly. It backfired on them and they gained nothing. Also hurt their economy worse. But we still have idiots here saying but but Sweden

hiphopfroggy likes this.
  10. LOL.

Despite a very old population, 1 in 1,788 Swedes have passed away from COVID. 99.94% of Swedes haven't died of COVID. 26% of those that did die were 90+ years old. Almost 90% were 70+.

Nothing backfired. They'd do the same thing again except maybe focus a little more attention on nursing homes, which they have acknowledged. They wouldn't impose a bunch of stupid shutdowns. They wouldn't close schools (a grand total of ONE school age kid died of COVID in the entire country). Based on an another post I saw, they haven't been wearing masks. Their lack of freak out over the virus and the fact that mass casualties that were projected never have materialized surely has embarrassed some of the so-called experts out there, that's why you're not probably going to see many positive comments about Sweden.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/sweden/

researchfrog likes this.
  11. YES.

Time to drop all this non sense. Old and/or sick: be smart. Rest: go back to normal life. Wash your hands. Use common sense.

data show the herd approach is working. Cases going way up. Death needle has only slightly moved. The curve has been flattened and vaccine may never happen. You can only trick Mother Nature so much. She’s gonna do what she do, and Fauci can go to hell.