• The KillerFrogs

DFW airport travel advice

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Especially for tcudoc or anyone with similar experience, since I am not checking a bag I am only carrying a small backpack. In it are my morning and evening medication‘s in one of those morning/night pill-holders. Is that a problem for TSA carrying prescription medication without the prescription bottle?

TCUdirtbag

Especially for tcudoc or anyone with similar experience, since I am not checking a bag I am only carrying a small backpack. In it are my morning and evening medication‘s in one of those morning/night pill-holders. Is that a problem for TSA carrying prescription medication without the prescription bottle?

This stuff is pretty easy to google.

General TSA info:

The specific meds question:

Screening time info (live estimates for every screening point):

Parking info (remote north temporarily closed; remote south open):

TexRail to/from DFW:

Last edited:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
This stuff is pretty easy to google.

General TSA info:

The specific meds question:

Screening time info (live estimates for every screening point):

Parking info (remote north temporarily closed; remote south open):

TexRail to/from DFW:
Thanks, I’m in & processed.

Paradoxotaur

$12.84 for a turkey sandwich??!
Drunk Will Smith GIF by IFC

FrogAbroad

Fried bologna on white is a pretty good repast...but I'll stick with fried SPAM, preferrably on pumpernickle with a schmear of mayo and a good squirt of Dijon.

NavyFrog

In case this applies and you can detach your tolltag- this is a very nice thing DFW does for veterans:
This is actually state wide. I have veteran plates and have received free parking at Houston Intercontinental, Austin and DFW. Another benefit of the veterans plate is that it cost only the state inspection to renew your plates.

NewFrogFan

In case this applies and you can detach your tolltag- this is a very nice thing DFW does for veterans:
Still need an Air Medal or MSM. Was supposed to give some sort of deal on toll roads too but that part was never funded.

NewFrogFan

Based on the numerous replies I assume there are no excessive security, TSA, or processing massive delays at DFW now. I will not be parking, this will be a drop off and I will not be checking bags, simple one-way flight to pick up a car and drive back same weekend. Also yes I do have true ID as well as military ID and I’ll carry my passport just in case they wanna third official government ID.

I could use some cheap entertainment tho so feel free to call DFW around Noon Friday & ask them to page:

“Gilberto do Piento, your party is waiting.”

I’ll watch reactions from the bar.
I dont think they do many if any PA pages anymore. YMMV.

NavyFrog

Still need an Air Medal or MSM. Was supposed to give some sort of deal on toll roads too but that part was never funded.
Air Medal or above or have Disable Veteran plates. Texas Tag toll roads were doing it when I first got my Air Medal tags but that lasted only a year. There is also suppose to be free parking at parking meters but that is up to the individual municipalities. I am not sure if Ft Worth honors it or not.