• The KillerFrogs

DFW airport travel advice

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I suddenly have to travel to Tallahassee on Friday. Have not flown in years. Any recent travelers out of DFW please let me know if processing and security lines are outrageous so I can gauge how early to arrive. Flight is scheduled to depart at 12:35 local @ American Airlines terminal B. Thanks.

LSU Game Attendee

I suddenly have to travel to Tallahassee on Friday. Have not flown in years. Any recent travelers out of DFW please let me know if processing and security lines are outrageous so I can gauge how early to arrive. Flight is scheduled to depart at 12:35 local @ American Airlines terminal B. Thanks.
In case this applies and you can detach your tolltag- this is a very nice thing DFW does for veterans:

tcudoc

I only rarely fly out of DFW anymore, but a couple of years ago, they did away with the remote south parking lot, which was my go to spot. Not having that option added quite a bit to the hassle factor for me.
I’ve still found that arriving 1.5 to 2 hours before is plenty of time. Even less if you have TSA verified status or an equivalent.
My wife likes to push the limits, so I’ve made it in even less time because of her not being ready. It’s an issue. You would think that missing a flight one time would have caused a behavior change in her, but it did not.

PO Frog

Also, verify your gate and terminal right before you head to the airport. All of the chaos lately has them changing quite often. You don’t want to get there just in time only to find out you’re at the wrong gate or terminal. Been there done that.

Can cosign free princess parking with the dv plates. Awesome perk texas provides for us vets. Also trinity metro train drops you off at terminal b, skylink from there to your terminal. Its cheap and handy. might work for you if you are near a stop.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
If you are driving yourself, parking can be a headache. I'd use uber or have someone drop you off.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Based on the numerous replies I assume there are no excessive security, TSA, or processing massive delays at DFW now. I will not be parking, this will be a drop off and I will not be checking bags, simple one-way flight to pick up a car and drive back same weekend. Also yes I do have true ID as well as military ID and I’ll carry my passport just in case they wanna third official government ID.

I could use some cheap entertainment tho so feel free to call DFW around Noon Friday & ask them to page:

“Gilberto do Piento, your party is waiting.”

I’ll watch reactions from the bar.

Frog-in-law1995

Based on the numerous replies I assume there are no excessive security, TSA, or processing massive delays at DFW now. I will not be parking, this will be a drop off and I will not be checking bags, simple one-way flight to pick up a car and drive back same weekend. Also yes I do have true ID as well as military ID and I’ll carry my passport just in case they wanna third official government ID.
I’ve flown a bunch lately, including spring break and the first week of summer, and haven’t waited in a security line for more than about 15 minutes. That was at Reagan (twice), and only because I chose the wrong line.