• The KillerFrogs

Devonte Fields suspension

Hughes Your Daddy

I just think it's bush league to start a serious rumor that someone is about to be booted without saying their name... especially with the way the last 15 months have been for us. It seems like the rumor may very well be true, but the way it has been brought up is silly... just my opinion though.

Instead it's become a cluster frick of roundy round guessing and deny, guessing and denying. Either say it or don't.

I agree. It's the equivalent of kids on the playground saying "I've got a secret but I can't tell you." It's [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. Why say anything in the first place then? Sure, he accomplishes proving to everyone that he's in the know, but it's still a pretty dooshy move. Either say it all or don't say anything.

Rabble Rouser

I just think it's bush league to start a serious rumor that someone is about to be booted without saying their name... especially with the way the last 15 months have been for us. It seems like the rumor may very well be true, but the way it has been brought up is silly... just my opinion though.

Instead it's become a cluster frick of roundy round guessing and deny, guessing and denying. Either say it or don't.

Disagree. It would've been "bush league" to leak the kids name before he has been disciplined. There is still a chance he won't be suspended, if that is the case then it would be unfair to drag the kids name through the mud. TCU and Coach P can be in charge of releasing names to the public, not random anonymous Internet posters.

Should the poster just not have said anything? Probably, but at least it looks to be true.

wildtigercat93
IconLSU.gif

LSU Fan
Central, LA
Member since Jul 2011
25721 posts
Icononline.gif
spacer.gif

re: Opponent News: TCU's Devonte Fields Suspended for First Two Games (Posted on 5/15/13 at 11:37 am to TreyAnastasio)

Wasnt it TCU that got busted with some huge drug ring on campus and throughout the sport programs? It was a texas school

apparently not everyone knows

SouljaBreauxTellEm
IconLSU.gif

LSU Fan
Mizz
Member since Aug 2009
20575 posts
spacer.gif

re: Opponent News: TCU's Devonte Fields Suspended for First Two Games (Posted on 5/15/13 at 11:40 am to SabiDojo)
yeah didn't they have their main QB go to rehab for this and want to come back for this season or something.. but then the freshman qb that replaced him got a lot of playing time

these people are idiots...

jake102

Should the poster just not have said anything? Probably, but at least it looks to be true.

That's all I'm saying.

Nothing should have been said in the first place. Obvoiusly it's far better to say what he did rather than throw out a name before anything is official, but pretty doosh in the first place. That's all.

And if we hadn't been through 15 terrible months of body blow after body blow of arrests, suspensions, rumors, kicked out of TCU, etc etc it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Know the situation.

NewFrogFan

SouljaBreauxTellEm
IconLSU.gif

LSU Fan
Mizz
Member since Aug 2009
20575 posts
spacer.gif

re: Opponent News: TCU's Devonte Fields Suspended for First Two Games (Posted on 5/15/13 at 11:40 am to SabiDojo)
yeah didn't they have their main QB go to rehab for this and want to come back for this season or something.. but then the freshman qb that replaced him got a lot of playing time

these people are idiots...

While I won't really debate the intellect of many from that part of the world, they just don't watch TCU and have no reason too. They know about as much as what went on at TCU last year as a TCU fan knows what went on at Rutgers.

Deep Purple

While I won't really debate the intellect of many from that part of the world, they just don't watch TCU and have no reason too. They know about as much as what went on at TCU last year as a TCU fan knows what went on at Rutgers.

One of the most cogent points made in this thread.

count_biffula

I understand the frustration, but I think it's misplaced. From the top down, BOT, Chancellor, AD and HC at TCU are committed to TCU being a positive force in the lives of our students and student athletes. That is fighting a societal drift away from traditional behaviors. Especially in some sub-segments of our society.

Tell us what it was like when you were a kid Grandpa!

3403_farmer_strw_hat_1020.jpg

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being

Rutgers had their own scandal recently......it was on the news and everything.....

That would be true except that the Drug Bust was all over ESPN and literally every other major news outlet. Pachall got national attention as well. I just don't see how these people can be football fans and not know about what was easily a top 5 team last year.

Deep Purple

That would be true except that the Drug Bust was all over ESPN and literally every other major news outlet. Pachall got national attention as well. I just don't see how these people can be football fans and not know about what was easily a top 5 team last year.

They pay attention to the bad news alright. But do they pay attention to the good news? ("Good" and "bad" from TCU's perspective.)

Doubtful. People are incredibly self-selecting when it comes to news. That's what keeps overtly partisan outlets like Fox News and MSNBC in business.