• The KillerFrogs

Des Moines Register: Abysmal offense dooms Iowa State basketball in surprising loss to TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Abysmal offense dooms Iowa State basketball in surprising loss to TCU​

AAT2U6Q.img

Travis Hines, Des Moines Register

AMES — The season has been full of surprises for Iowa State, but Saturday produced a new one.

An unexpected loss.

The 14th-ranked Cyclones had perhaps their poorest game of the season in a 59-44 upset loss to TCU at Hilton Coliseum.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...sketball-in-surprising-loss-to-tcu/ar-AAT2G1t

JogginFrog

3-26 on 3PT

lol
Our defense completely dominated them but they just missed shots. They didn’t have many open looks yesterday.
Had they gone 9 for 26, which is pretty average, they win. I didn't watch the game, so not sure how much of the poor shooting was due to trouble getting open and shots being contested--I'm guessing Frogs were in their face for quite a few of those. (And the guy who posted "defense travels" in the game thread was spot on, which means a ton in conference.) But sometimes, randomness works in your favor, and as strong as the Frogs are on the boards, a bad shooting night is going to be exposed.

Punter1

Had they gone 9 for 26, which is pretty average, they win. I didn't watch the game, so not sure how much of the poor shooting was due to trouble getting open and shots being contested--I'm guessing Frogs were in their face for quite a few of those. (And the guy who posted "defense travels" in the game thread was spot on, which means a ton in conference.) But sometimes, randomness works in your favor, and as strong as the Frogs are on the boards, a bad shooting night is going to be exposed.

Had my aunt been born with balls...

tjcoffice

As old MSGT Hines used to tell us ROTC cadets back in the 70's, "if a bull frog had wings, it wouldn't bump its tail every time it hopped." I still don't really know what that means, but we all got the point.