• The KillerFrogs

Derius Davis 23.47mph

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Look at his posture and body angle on that run: That's pure Olympic Sprinter form!

Somewhere, Carl Lewis is smiling...

Eight

Ironically 23.47 was my exact high school time for the 100 meters

max actually ran a faster 200m time in high school, but right now i am taking derius in a straight foot race

derius is one of those rare players whose track speed translates to how he plays football

helcap

max actually ran a faster 200m time in high school, but right now i am taking derius in a straight foot race

derius is one of those rare players whose track speed translates to how he plays football
I can never understand why at the NFL combine or pro days they time the players in the 40 wearing T-shirts and shorts rather than full pads

Nick Danger

Isn't one of the freshmen Slot WR's, that's Redshirting (Major Everheart, D J Allen) a "track" guy? How fast are they (for next year)?

Wexahu

I can never understand why at the NFL combine or pro days they time the players in the 40 wearing T-shirts and shorts rather than full pads
Have wondered the same thing. It makes no sense.

All the money on the line and all the ridiculous things they measure and make the players do to supposedly be able to analyze every aspect of their being, and they don't do this basic thing.

Moose Stuff

Have wondered the same thing. It makes no sense.

All the money on the line and all the ridiculous things they measure and make the players do to supposedly be able to analyze every aspect of their being, and they don't do this basic thing.
They could run it naked or they could run it with a 25 pound weight on their back and the result would be the same. Whoever runs the fastest is the fastest. It’s just a baseline number. As long as it’s historically constant so they have context it works just fine.

Eight

Isn't one of the freshmen Slot WR's, that's Redshirting (Major Everheart, D J Allen) a "track" guy? How fast are they (for next year)?

major was one of the fastest high school sprinters in the country as a junior, but was plagued by injuries his senior season, never really ran well early, and think he might have shut it down during the season

disappointing a bit as there was hope major would run against brennan thompson, the texas recruit from spearman (think that it where he went to school)

allen is a guy who gets forgotten right now and didn't post the low track times, but would not surprise me if he ends up developing into an explosive player as he was a multi-sport athlete at a small school

frogs have also got pledges from a few guys who can really run as well

Wexahu

They could run it naked or they could run it with a 25 pound weight on their back and the result would be the same. Whoever runs the fastest is the fastest. It’s just a baseline number. As long as it’s historically constant so they have context it works just fine.
I don't think it's too unreasonable to think some guys are able to run and move around easier in pads than others, for whatever reason. Maybe how they are built or something, I don't know, but I doubt if you have 10 guys race in compression shorts and then have them race in pads you're going to have the exact same 1-10 finish. And when you're talking about a tenth or even a fraction of a second sometimes making a big difference in where guys are drafted, every little bit counts.

tcudoc

That was about the same time as my best 50 freestyle.
david-hasselhoff-swim.gif

HornyWartyToad

All kidding aside, I seriously hope that after that display of absurd talent, Riley & Meach are working hard to feature DD prominently in the offense. A little national-level marketing of a special talent like that could do wonders for eyeballs and recruiting. Seems like Okie Lite got a bounce in attention when they had Tyreek Hill.

At the same time, we have so many incredible weapons on offense, that we obviously need to spread it around to give everyone a chance. I guess the only fair thing to do is to score about 60 points a game to give everyone their due. Now, 60 is an arbitrary number, and there are bound to be "off" weeks, so probably should start out this week with around 75 or so to take the pressure off.

Deep Purple

Avg Football Equipment Weight
Lower weights = skill positions, D-backs, sometimes TEs. Higher weights = Linemen & Linebackers)
Jersey: 1 lb
Pants: (with built-in hip and thigh pads): 3 lb - 5½ lb
Cleats: 6 oz - 8 oz
Shoulder Pads: 3 lb - 6½ lb
Helmet: 4½ lb - 6 lb
=============================================================================
Total Avg Weight (Rounded): 12 lb - 20 lb

Unlikely a WR like Derius Davis would be wearing a full 20 lb of equipment. More like 12 lb - 13 lb. Still, while carrying that added weight he can outpace sprinters wearing only a bodysuit and spikes collectively weighing no more than 1½ lb, that's quite a comment on Davis' blazing speed.

06DallasFrog

All kidding aside, I seriously hope that after that display of absurd talent, Riley & Meach are working hard to feature DD prominently in the offense. A little national-level marketing of a special talent like that could do wonders for eyeballs and recruiting. Seems like Okie Lite got a bounce in attention when they had Tyreek Hill.

At the same time, we have so many incredible weapons on offense, that we obviously need to spread it around to give everyone a chance. I guess the only fair thing to do is to score about 60 points a game to give everyone their due. Now, 60 is an arbitrary number, and there are bound to be "off" weeks, so probably should start out this week with around 75 or so to take the pressure off.
You want DD to get in trouble for domestic violence?