• The KillerFrogs

Del Conte, Texas and the Big 12

Bizarro Frog

CDC did a great job for us and I hope the article is correct about strengthening the Big 12. Not sure why someone wants to hold a grudge against him for leaving if he is not actively trying to destroy us. Do all the Rice fans hate TCU and him for moving up the ladder? Sometimes it’s time for people to move one. Think of all the girlfriends you held a grudge against for splitting up that you are thankful every day you are not married too.

Go Frogs!!!!!

lowfrog

CDC did a great job for us and I hope the article is correct about strengthening the Big 12. Not sure why someone wants to hold a grudge against him for leaving if he is not actively trying to destroy us. Do all the Rice fans hate TCU and him for moving up the ladder? Sometimes it’s time for people to move one. Think of all the girlfriends you held a grudge against for splitting up that you are thankful every day you are not married to.

Go Frogs!!!!!

Included every night in my prayers.

Nick Danger

On the other hand, the article seems to imply that CDC feels that the root of the Horn's lack of recent football success is due to recruiting shortcomings, secondary to substandard UT football facilities? Raising monies to upgrade their facilities is the only thing he seems to be focusing on. Does anyone else (other than Herman) think that's their problem . . . poor recruiting classes due to crummy facilities? :confused: If they have a recruiting problem, it's in their recruiting evaluation process, not in their ability to get "who they want".

Last edited:

MTfrog5

On the other hand, the article seems to imply that CDC feels that the root of the Horn's lack of recent football success is due to recruiting shortcomings, secondary to substandard UT football facilities? Raising monies to upgrade their facilities is the only thing he seems to be focusing on. Does anyone else (other than Hermann) think that's their problem . . . poor recruiting classes due to crummy facilities? :confused: If they have a recruiting problem, it's in their recruiting evaluation process, not in their ability to get "who they want".
CDC didn’t really have to make a big higher while at TCU. He does know how to upgrade facilities which he’s really good at. He will probably have to make some big time coaching decisions at Texas

Brog

CDC didn’t really have to make a big higher while at TCU. He does know how to upgrade facilities which he’s really good at. He will probably have to make some big time coaching decisions at Texas

I'm all for those "big higher"s. The higher the better.

Limey Frog

CDC did yeoman's work getting TCU into the Big XII. He checked all of the boxes of his career
goals here then moved on. He didn't promise to love us forever then bone our sister at the wedding reception, for Pete's sake. If he keeps the Big XII together long term in his next act we'll owe him more than anyone but GP. We have nothing to be sore about.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

curious how the idea that ut's recruiting has been hurt by facilites and that the horns would be better served to stay in the big 12 is/will be received by the texas fan base.

a common refrain among their recruiting "experts" and thus parroted by a good part of their fan base is that texas has and will continue to be hurt in recruiting by the big 12 and the only solution is getting out of the conference.
UT fans are funny. On the one hand they tell you that their recruiting is hurt by the Big 12. On the other hand, they say that they're Texas and they get whoever they want.

Froglaw

I think the article rings true.

Ut (who you know I hate - My Cousin Vinny) is the flagship program in the Big 12.

Remember the MWC?

Remember when we were in the Big East for 3 hours.

Who did CDC go to for our Big 12 slot?

We are tied to the coat tails oh ut for the foreseeable future.

Revenue wise, not a bad thing and their AD has some good friends at TCU.

I can live with it.

CardFrog

"A source close to Del Conte told Horns247 one of the biggest reasons Del Conte left the comfort of having helped build TCU athletics into a nationally respected powerhouse (TCU has a four-game winning streak over Texas in football by an average score of 38-8) was his fear Texas would get its athletic director hire wrong and cause the Big 12 to crumble."

"Del Conte was a great hire for many reasons, namely that he understands the importance and power Texas wields in the Big 12 and in the national landscape of college athletics. That includes good relationships with other influential Power Five schools — something Patterson failed to recognize, causing UT's strong bond with Oklahoma as founders of the Big 12 to deteriorate.

Del Conte also understands the importance of the next wave of media rights agreements facing the Power Five in about six years. But even more importantly, Del Conte understands the passion of college athletics. That passion has been missing from Texas."

https://247sports.com/college/west-...-spent-repairing-UT-athletics-soul--118919096
uhhhh not a chance.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
On the other hand, the article seems to imply that CDC feels that the root of the Horn's lack of recent football success is due to recruiting shortcomings, secondary to substandard UT football facilities? Raising monies to upgrade their facilities is the only thing he seems to be focusing on. Does anyone else (other than Herman) think that's their problem . . . poor recruiting classes due to crummy facilities? :confused: If they have a recruiting problem, it's in their recruiting evaluation process, not in their ability to get "who they want".
The Head Coach recruits -- not the AD: this AD is doing what he can, within his role. By removing the excuse that a particular HC needs better facilities to be competitive, DelConte is pinning said coach down. Once facilities are in place, and recruiting has not changed, then...Maybe It's-the-Indian-not-the-Arrow mentality might prevail and enable said AD to fire said HC wihout much fuss.

HornedFrogJKU

It makes me nervous how close CDC and JD are professionally and personally and will their relationship adversely effect TCU going forward as CDC still thinks he's helping TCU while wearing burnt orange