• The KillerFrogs

Deion Sanders to Colorado?

LVH

That's the word, which would make for a circus for our first game next season.

Not sure if it's a good fit. Colorado administration is the problem. They don't care about football.

Planks

I’m a little surprised he took this job. I was figure he would stay put until Florida State or something opened up.

Colorado just seems like a strange fit

bc puckett

Really have to question this fit. Tough place to recruit for lot of reasons, in state talent, cultural fit, university support…. Back when McCartney was winning they overlooked a lot of crap that wouldn’t fly today. I just think he could have had a better choice of jobs in the near future. Not sure what the rush was

PineyWoodsFrog

Really have to question this fit. Tough place to recruit for lot of reasons, in state talent, cultural fit, university support…. Back when McCartney was winning they overlooked a lot of crap that wouldn’t fly today. I just think he could have had a better choice of jobs in the near future. Not sure what the rush was
Deion Sanders is not going to have any issue in recruiting. Say what you will about his style, but the man got a 5-star recruit to play college football in Jackson, MS. His personality is infectious and charismatic to not only players, but the parents and grandparents of those players as well. Recruiting is basically just talking a good game and Deion can do that as good as anybody. I'm sure he will be taking some Jackson State players with him as well, which will definitely help.

bc puckett

Deion Sanders is not going to have any issue in recruiting. Say what you will about his style, but the man got a 5-star recruit to play college football in Jackson, MS. His personality is infectious and charismatic to not only players, but the parents and grandparents of those players as well. Recruiting is basically just talking a good game and Deion can do that as good as anybody. I'm sure he will be taking some Jackson State players with him as well, which will definitely help.
Absolutely not questioning his ability to recruit. I was pointing out the destination might be the easiest fit for recruits. I really didn’t think I needed to point this out but from everything I have heard Boulder is not exactly the most welcoming place for minorities. If you go back and watch the McCartney 30 for 30 it makes this pretty clear. I’m sure if anyone can get past this it wound be Deion just think he could have found fits

Putt4Purple

Maybe that’s why he he took the job. He wanted to break through all the negative barriers he’s broken his whole life. To prove all the nay sayers wrong. To those who said he could have better opportunities, where? In the north where he’s safe? Colorado has beautiful country and is a P5 program. I wish him well and I never really was a prime time fan.

bc puckett

Maybe that’s why he he took the job. He wanted to break through all the negative barriers he’s broken his whole life. To prove all the nay sayers wrong. To those who said he could have better opportunities, where? In the north where he’s safe? Colorado has beautiful country and is a P5 program. I wish him well and I never really was a prime time fan.
Agree 100 percent. Never a fan either And for all it truly matters to me he could go 11-1 next year. Just think it was a strange choice. It will be interesting to see who he brings with him

Traveling Frog

would think a school like Cincinnati would take a shot at him. That seems like a perfect fit. Better roster and moving to a P5. He could take that program and develop it however he wants on the p5. They also care more about football

bc puckett

would think a school like Cincinnati would take a shot at him. That seems like a perfect fit. Better roster and moving to a P5. He could take that program and develop it however he wants on the p5. They also care more about football
I read somewhere that they actually did go after him

Chongo94

I think fit may matter more if I thought he’d be there for a while…he’ll be there 3 years tops and bolt for better or different pastures quickly. Fit probably won’t matter much or be a problem for such a short tenure.

Eight

curious what deion's ultimate motivation

thought the sales pitch on why jackson state and why kids should look at the historically black universities and colleges had some credibility to it so why the move to colorado?

doubt it is a money decision so why that move and what is the ultimate goal?

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
curious what deion's ultimate motivation

thought the sales pitch on why jackson state and why kids should look at the historically black universities and colleges had some credibility to it so why the move to colorado?

doubt it is a money decision so why that move and what is the ultimate goal?

Agree...I thought his "mission" was to uplift all the HBCU's. I applauded that effort.

This move strikes me as an ego trip...looking for something to bring the "Neon" back.