• The KillerFrogs

Dear Jeremiah Donati:

tcumaniac

While encouraged about the prospect of increased capacity, I am going to throw this out there as a reminder. TCU is still part of the Big 12 Conference and NCAA. We are not an independent business or university. We must still follow the health and safety guidelines that are in place for whatever sport is being played.

It is not as simple as saying “no mask automatically equals 100% capacity”. For example, until the safety guidelines are also updated, we must still maintain “buffer zones” around the team, staff and camera operator areas. Those buffer zones range from 12-20 feet. Not all teams or game day working people are from Fort Worth or even Texas. So the NCAA safety rules must still be factored into any decisions. Obviously if these safety guidelines are required, then not every seat will be available to simply “give everyone their normal seats”.

But as I originally said, this is encouraging to at least start moving in this direction. It will not be an overnight process.

As always, thank you for your support and patience as we continue to navigate new opportunities.

Go Frogs!
Thanks for the explanation ATO.

Just out of curiosity, are these guidelines you referenced published anywhere? I would personally be interested in reading through all of them.

Lastly, do you foresee any kind of increased capacity possibly taking place for baseball at this point?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Thanks for the explanation ATO.

Just out of curiosity, are these guidelines you referenced published anywhere? I would personally be interested in reading through all of them.

Lastly, do you foresee any kind of increased capacity possibly taking place for baseball at this point?
I would imagine that the BIGXII and NCAA have these rules/guidelines posted someplace. As stated, these rules and guidelines are an agreed upon framework that will have to be dealt with in bureaucratic fashion over time, meaning meetings, consultations, studies, blah, blah, blah, and an announcement in some nebulous future time that they are freeing up Programs to seat more patrons and allow the players to hug their girlfriends once more.

Don't expect anything in the next two weeks. Or two months.

flyfishingfrog

I would imagine that the BIGXII and NCAA have these rules/guidelines posted someplace. As stated, these rules and guidelines are an agreed upon framework that will have to be dealt with in bureaucratic fashion over time, meaning meetings, consultations, studies, blah, blah, blah, and an announcement in some nebulous future time that they are freeing up Programs to seat more patrons and allow the players to hug their girlfriends once more.

Don't expect anything in the next two weeks. Or two months.
actually the only NCAA published guidelines are for the NCAA championships they own -not sure why our school would view their authority to include governing how we chose to operate in our own facilities.

I mean all year long we have seen example after example demonstrating the decision to how a school does anything related to sports is a decision for the school to make on their own or in conjunction with the conference.

So no offense to ATO meant - but I think saying we have to adhere to NCAA guidelines is kind of just throwing smoke.

I didn't understand the out of state or area comment at all - we are not currently changing our policies based on where "visitors" come from for any sport. When out of state teams come to play at TCU from states with more restrictive measures - we have not adapted to be more restrictive, so what was the point?

The conference is a different manner - I would guess we could buck the system if we really wanted to but I have zero belief anyone at TCU is wiling to do that.

I mean we did see individual schools this year take a different approach than their overall conference dictated - but it tended to be an approach of being more conservative (i.e. not playing a sport at all when the conference was going to play or not playing OOC games even if they conference allowed). I don't recall anyone giving their conference the finger and saying they would do what they wanted regardless of conference guidelines.

In the end, it is easier to change nothing at this point and I would imagine that is exactly what we will do. Lets just hope the students continue to show up at baseball games because right now they are easily over half the crowd and unlike those of us that had to buy season tickets, they don't seem to be restricting how many can attend each game.

Froglaw

Open up our baseball stadium. Let season ticket holders have their seats back. Make it happen.

You are literally out of valid excuses.

Maniac, do you watch shows like 60 minutes (tonight 3/14:2021) or do you just ignore anything that threatens your attendance at a TCU athletic event?

Sixty Minutes opening segment started with the threat of the UK, South African, and New York
Variants.

It is extremely frightening to those of us in high risk groups.

Acting like a Frat boy on South Padre surfing during Spring Break is not helping.

If we can hold on for two months by wearing masks, social distancing, avoiding crowds, and getting vaccinated can put us over the top!, let's do it. No guarantees, but dammi give it a chance.

I'll buy you all the beer and hotdogs you want in June.

Please Comeades True!

Pharm Frog

Maniac, do you watch shows like 60 minutes (tonight 3/14:2021) or do you just ignore anything that threatens your attendance at a TCU athletic event?

Sixty Minutes opening segment started with the threat of the UK, South African, and New York
Variants.

Acting like a Frat boy on South Padre surfing during Spring Break is not helping.

If we can hold on for two months by wearing masks, social distancing, avoiding crowds, and getting vaccinated can put us over the top!, let's do it. No guarantees, but dammi give it a chance.

Please Comeades True!

14 days to stop the spread. We must get people tested. We must get a vaccine. Maybe two. Make it three. 14 months to make the virus dead. What about the variants of the variants? Just a few more days. Just a few more months. Everything back to normal.

Double D

Tier 1
Ya I gotta admit, this is pretty scary.

Variants.

Please Comeades True!

JugbandFrog

If I wanted to waste energy getting this admin to do something, it would be about why Baylor is VASTLY superior to us in the majority of athletic sports. How if we continue to wallow in mediocrity, when expansion comes up, we will be on the outside looking in because of it.

Hell, we can’t even muster enough $$, momentum, etc, to get a softball team.

Salfrog

Tier 1

Anyone one of us could die tomorrow, the next day, next week, etc. unexpectedly from something else other than this virus. I choose to live life not fearing what might or could happen. Tired of most media outlets pouring fear & hate into our lives everyday for the past year.

How long have we been told the end of the world was coming at the end of whatever year, or we were going to be hit by an asteroid the following week. So many Doomsday sayers have been wrong. They're all batting .000 up to this point. Sure, eventually someone is bound to be right if they keep predicting the same thing thousands of years in a row, but in the meantime get out and live life without any regrets.

Last edited:

froginmn

Variants.

Please Comeades True!
Actually I saw the lead in to 60 minutes, and they said that variants are more transmissable and "likely more deadly."

There's not yet evidence to suggest that variants are more deadly, less deadly, or equally deadly. Which tells me that this program chose the option that is most scary. Which tells me that this program lacks journalistic integrity. Which caused me to not watch the rest.

It's extremely frightening to you because you choose to believe the fear they are peddling.

tcudoc

They conveniently say nothing about the lethality of the virus or whether or not they are guarded against by the vaccine. Transmissibility only matters if they make people critically ill. Otherwise, they are just a virus. I would need to know more pertinent information before I get concerned. As stated, most mutations make the virus less lethal, as the goal of the virus is to survive. The most virulent strains kill their host and the virus dies with the host.

RoyaltyWorePurple

I presume Maniac is calling the PGA commissioner today. Trying to figure out why the Players Championship held in FLORIDA was at only 20% capacity. Saw a lot of mask wearing too!

steelfrog

Tier 1
Actually I saw the lead in to 60 minutes, and they said that variants are more transmissable and "likely more deadly."

There's not yet evidence to suggest that variants are more deadly, less deadly, or equally deadly. Which tells me that this program chose the option that is most scary. Which tells me that this program lacks journalistic integrity. Which caused me to not watch the rest.

It's extremely frightening to you because you choose to believe the fear they are peddling.
Ha ha. “Journalistic” and “integrity” were used in the same sentence.

this creature is long since extinct, if it ever existed in the first place.

Moose Stuff

Variants.

Please Comeades True!

Yep, in two months the variants will just be gone. It's horrifying to me that seemingly intelligent humans such as yourself are buying into crap like that. JFC.