• The KillerFrogs

Dear Jeremiah Donati:

PurpleBlood87

I would like to hope...

However, I asked the ticket office if they would increase capacity mid season if restrictions were lifted.

They said no.

I guess if there's one thing TCU loves more than money, it's virtue signaling.

I'd say open up more seats and just make those GA. I know that isn't going to happen but there has to be some middle ground.
I'll wager Schlossnagle wants the capacity this season to be increased.

YA

What do you do with People that got displaced from their original seats? Is TCU going to reseat them back to their original seats? Allowing someone else to come in and take my original seats will be a problem with me and many others.

I doubt TCU is going to allow this happen.

PurpleBlood87

From a FWST article today from TCU grad Jeff Wilson. ]0
  • TCU has home events scheduled all week, including a baseball game Tuesday night and men’s and women’s basketball games Sunday. Athletic director Jeremiah Donati said there are no immediate plans to change protocols in place, but TCU will evaluate if changes can be made.

“With Governor Abbott’s executive order today, we are assessing as a university the potential impact on home athletics events,” Donati said. “We will have discussions with public health officials, our medical team of advisors and university leadership. Our top priority is always the health and safety of our campus community.”

Pharm Frog

Maybe they'll open up the Scholl so our 1-11 volleyball team can have a crowd cheering them on against OU (5th) and KU (12th and 13th). The good news is that apparently we cancelled the home and home against UTA. Took enough spring beatings from Tarleton and Texas State I suppose.

tcumaniac

What do you do with People that got displaced from their original seats? Is TCU going to reseat them back to their original seats? Allowing someone else to come in and take my original seats will be a problem with me and many others.

I doubt TCU is going to allow this happen.
Our next home game is 10 days away.

Seems like at the very least it would be fairly doable to give all season ticket holders that already purchased seats for this year the option to get their prior allotment and seat locations back. I doubt there are many people that currently have better seats right now than what their normal seats are, so in that sense, moving people back to their normal seats shouldn’t ruffle too many feathers.

In your situation where you were actually able to get reserved seats, you just get moved back to your normal seats and are given the option to add more back to your account if you usually have more than 4.

In my situation, I’m given the option to upgrade my current GA seats back to my usual reserved seats.

Since all tickets are digital, tcu could void old tickets, and email out a new link with the new ones.

atofrog

Contributor
From a FWST article today from TCU grad Jeff Wilson. ]
  • TCU has home events scheduled all week, including a baseball game Tuesday night and men’s and women’s basketball games Sunday. Athletic director Jeremiah Donati said there are no immediate plans to change protocols in place, but TCU will evaluate if changes can be made.

“With Governor Abbott’s executive order today, we are assessing as a university the potential impact on home athletics events,” Donati said. “We will have discussions with public health officials, our medical team of advisors and university leadership. Our top priority is always the health and safety of our campus community.”

While encouraged about the prospect of increased capacity, I am going to throw this out there as a reminder. TCU is still part of the Big 12 Conference and NCAA. We are not an independent business or university. We must still follow the health and safety guidelines that are in place for whatever sport is being played.

It is not as simple as saying “no mask automatically equals 100% capacity”. For example, until the safety guidelines are also updated, we must still maintain “buffer zones” around the team, staff and camera operator areas. Those buffer zones range from 12-20 feet. Not all teams or game day working people are from Fort Worth or even Texas. So the NCAA safety rules must still be factored into any decisions. Obviously if these safety guidelines are required, then not every seat will be available to simply “give everyone their normal seats”.

But as I originally said, this is encouraging to at least start moving in this direction. It will not be an overnight process.

As always, thank you for your support and patience as we continue to navigate new opportunities.

Go Frogs!

leofrog

While encouraged about the prospect of increased capacity, I am going to throw this out there as a reminder. TCU is still part of the Big 12 Conference and NCAA. We are not an independent business or university. We must still follow the health and safety guidelines that are in place for whatever sport is being played.

It is not as simple as saying “no mask automatically equals 100% capacity”. For example, until the safety guidelines are also updated, we must still maintain “buffer zones” around the team, staff and camera operator areas. Those buffer zones range from 12-20 feet. Not all teams or game day working people are from Fort Worth or even Texas. So the NCAA safety rules must still be factored into any decisions. Obviously if these safety guidelines are required, then not every seat will be available to simply “give everyone their normal seats”.

But as I originally said, this is encouraging to at least start moving in this direction. It will not be an overnight process.

As always, thank you for your support and patience as we continue to navigate new opportunities.

Go Frogs!
Thanks ato for the update. Whatever the end result is, I hope TCU does what is best for the university and their fans.

Bob Sugar

Go Frogs!
upload_2021-3-2_23-38-40.gif