• The KillerFrogs

Dear Baylor

Young and Horned

I imagine if MWC does start inviting people, Baylor will be in there. Add another Texas 'market' and they would be middle to top in basketball and baseball and would be good in the olympic sports as well.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(screetch @ Jun 9 2010, 09:45 PM) [snapback]573070[/snapback]
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Good luck in the Sun Belt.

I don't remember seeing anything like that while I was playing Galaxian.

fdub

QUOTE(screetch @ Jun 9 2010, 09:45 PM) [snapback]573070[/snapback]
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Amen, brotha!

jadailyTCU

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 9 2010, 09:48 PM) [snapback]573075[/snapback]
I don't remember seeing anything like that while I was playing Galaxian.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

screetch

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 9 2010, 08:48 PM) [snapback]573074[/snapback]
I imagine if MWC does start inviting people, Baylor will be in there. Add another Texas 'market' and they would be middle to top in basketball and baseball and would be good in the olympic sports as well.

If the one criteria holding the conference back from AQ status is too many bottom feeders, Baylor only increases the problem.

Young and Horned

QUOTE(screetch @ Jun 9 2010, 09:58 PM) [snapback]573090[/snapback]
If the one criteria holding the conference back from AQ status is too many bottom feeders, Baylor only increases the problem.

I don't agree. They would likely be the best basketball team or Top 2 at least. They would be top 3 in baseball. Think they would be at the very least middle for football.

I do not like Baylor, but over all, they wouldn't be a terrible addition. Like Iowa Stat would. Hell, I would take Baylor over Colorado.

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 10 2010, 02:48 AM) [snapback]573074[/snapback]

Give me Houston over Baylor. Football is king, and Houston can boost the profile of the conference in football. Baylor cannot. Houston is also competitive in the other sports, and sits in a Top 10 TV market.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 9 2010, 10:00 PM) [snapback]573092[/snapback]
I don't agree. They would likely be the best basketball team or Top 2 at least. They would be top 3 in baseball. Think they would be at the very least middle for football.

I do not like Baylor, but over all, they wouldn't be a terrible addition. Like Iowa Stat would. Hell, I would take Baylor over Colorado.
Apparently you have a short memory. Baylor brings nothing to the table in football and that's all that really matters. It is in TCU's best interest to block their admission to the MWC and let them experience what we have over the past 15 years. They are bunch of self-righteous jerks and I hope they have a great time in the Sunbelt

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 9 2010, 10:00 PM) [snapback]573092[/snapback]

How can you not agree with an absolute, unequivocal fact?

Of the three AQ categories, Baylor does not help...and actually hurts...the one category where the MWC is falling short.

Their record would add to the other bottom feeders, and would negate any additions in the overall average that Boise would bring.

screetch

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 9 2010, 09:00 PM) [snapback]573092[/snapback]

Football is all that counts for AQ status, and the formula looks at past BCS standings for each team in the conference. What has Baylor's record been over the evaluation period?

Colorado would bring in the entire state of CO. It's about $$$, Baylor adds nothing.

Young and Horned

Baylor is a lot better than Houston in sports not names football. And I think they could compete in at least the middle of the MWC in football. Maybe not us, Utah, BYU, or even Air Force. But the others sure.

macaroni

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 9 2010, 09:06 PM) [snapback]573101[/snapback]
Baylor is a lot better than Houston in sports not names football. And I think they could compete in at least the middle of the MWC in football. Maybe not us, Utah, BYU, or even Air Force. But the others sure.

Last time I checked, the three criteria for earning an autobid did not consider sports not named football.

Young and Horned

QUOTE(FriskyFrog @ Jun 9 2010, 10:10 PM) [snapback]573110[/snapback]
Last time I checked, the three criteria for earning an autobid did not consider sports not named football.

I dont care about the autobid. I think we will be getting it anyways. We make it to BCS again this year, it is locked.

Plus, Baylor is going to bring just as much for an autobid than New Mexico or San Diego State for football.

I am looking at the overall impact of the addition for all sports. And in my opinion, Baylor is a good addition.

I agree, they do not bring the market, but we can get that with Kansas addition.

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 9 2010, 11:00 PM) [snapback]573092[/snapback]

Any bets on how long Scott Drew and Kim Mulkey would stay if BU were in the MWC?

Among coaches, the dirty little secret about MWC basketball is that the altitude and time zones make it a very difficult league to sustain success. It's a tough league that overachieves in a lot of ways, but we beat each other up sometimes without raising each other up like the Big East, ACC or even the Big 12.

Because of that, I'm very skeptical about Kansas and Kansas State joining the MWC. I know this is primarily about football, but if I'm Kansas, the #1 thing on my agenda would be preserving the legacy they have worked to build for 100 years.

Young and Horned

QUOTE(gohornedfrogs @ Jun 9 2010, 10:15 PM) [snapback]573125[/snapback]
Any bets on how long Scott Drew and Kim Mulkey would stay if BU were in the MWC?

Among coaches, the dirty little secret about MWC basketball is that the altitude and time zones make it a very difficult league to sustain success. It's a tough league that overachieves in a lot of ways, but we beat each other up sometimes without raising each other up like the Big East, ACC or even the Big 12.

Because of that, I'm very skeptical about Kansas and Kansas State joining the MWC. I know this is primarily about football, but if I'm Kansas, the #1 thing on my agenda would be preserving the legacy they have worked to build for 100 years.

I have a question about all of that. How much would the impact of losing the Big 12 money affect the amount they pay their coaches? Is that amount significant enough to hurt their chances to pay coaches as much as they might now?

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 9 2010, 11:17 PM) [snapback]573134[/snapback]
I have a question about all of that. How much would the impact of losing the Big 12 money affect the amount they pay their coaches? Is that amount significant enough to hurt their chances to pay coaches as much as they might now?

I don't know the salaries of women's bb coaches in the MWC, but my guess is that Mulkey makes close to three times as much as anyone currently does. She's over $1 million a year, and her contract runs through the 2016 season, I believe.

The better question is "will Baylor have to honor that contract if they switch conferences?" That could be a big blow for them considering they will take at least a $10 million hit annually.

macaroni

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 9 2010, 09:14 PM) [snapback]573122[/snapback]
I dont care about the autobid. I think we will be getting it anyways. We make it to BCS again this year, it is locked.

So you think the BCS will be "locked" into giving the MWC a BCS bid even without meeting the criteria, and that the MWC would be smart to proceed with that assumption?

Plus, Baylor is going to bring just as much for an autobid than New Mexico or San Diego State for football.

There is a mighty big difference between inviting in a bad team whose numbers hurt your chances and not kicking out teams already in the conference.

I am looking at the overall impact of the addition for all sports. And in my opinion, Baylor is a good addition.

True enough. But completely irrelevant in the current conference realignment discussions.

Purple Heart

QUOTE(screetch @ Jun 10 2010, 02:45 AM) [snapback]573070[/snapback]

I can understand how there is animosity based on some Baylor fans comments in the past and the way they were included in the Big 12, same with Tech, frankly. However, I am one long time and proud Frog supporter, alum, fan, season ticket holder, Frog Club member etc who is proud to also be a Baylor alum, fan and supporter. And I don't think I'm the only TCU fan who feels that way (maybe the only one on this board). I think it would be great to have them in our conference if that works out and I would support it. Just as I would for TCU, I will stand up for Baylor anytime (except I will cheer for the Frogs when Baylor plays TCU), and I do believe Baylor will be just fine. I remember well this same rotten feeling when TCU was left out of the Big 12, and I do not recall any other schools's fans gloating about it. Sure, all the schools who left us behind were looking out for their own interests, but they did not smear it in TCU's face, or SMU's or UH's or Rice's.

Yes, each man does reap what they sow - it is referring to a man, not a group of people who are labeled or stereotyped. Only God knows each man's heart.

Matt.7
[1] "Judge not, that you be not judged.
[2] For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get.
[3] Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
[4] Or how can you say to your brother, `Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye?
[5] You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Looking back, being left out of the Big 12 ironically led to some pretty great things for TCU - at the time, who would have ever "thunk" it. It rallied the troops in a big way. I could see this happening with Baylor, too. Baylor has alot of alums (if you have the time, research it) and a pretty large student body - they could emerge from the woodwork with a little success in football again, going to bowl games again, and it looks like starting in 2012 that will be more doable for them wherever they land. Their recruiting has picked up, they have a new indoor practice facility, and if they build a new stadium on campus, really watch out.

joejordan

Baylor does not deliver one thing that the MWC needs. They performed a valuable service for the Big 12 (rip), namely a guaranteed victory in a conference game every year for the contenders. We already have that role covered.

The 'other' sports might as well be intramurals.