• The KillerFrogs

Deadspin take on UT and Nebraska. I agree

Wexahu

Kind of like the Dallas Cowboys.

And USC.

Heard this stat the other day.....since 1990 USC's record in the 22 seasons not coached by Pete Carroll is 159-101-4. 60% winning %. They've averaged almost 5 losses per year.

USC and Texas almost mirror each other. Outside a nice 6-8 year run for each, they've been almost unbelievably average over the past 40 years.

FrogAbroad

Best line from article:
But it’s still funny to watch Texas fans and media, year after year, forget that there’s a big difference between being one of the biggest “brands” in college football, and one of the best teams.
In case you've missed it, the industry has evolved. It is now part of the entertainment industry, the College Football segment. It IS a business, and decisions increasingly will be business decisions. Big Frog II made a comparison to the Dallas Cowboys, which is an accurate (if cynical) comparison. A sports franchise (or NCAA team) doesn't have to be always great at the sport to be financially successful, just famous enough in the eyes of fans (especially the T-shirt variety) to generate media and butts-in-the-bleachers revenue. Welcome to the Semi-Pro NCAA. There's no going back.

FBallFan123

And USC.

Heard this stat the other day.....since 1990 USC's record in the 22 seasons not coached by Pete Carroll is 159-101-4. 60% winning %. They've averaged almost 5 losses per year.

USC and Texas almost mirror each other. Outside a nice 6-8 year run for each, they've been almost unbelievably average over the past 40 years.

USC has been living off the afterglow of the Carroll years for a long time…

TCUdirtbag

Wait, deadspin is still around? Used to be great. Turned woke. Then went broke.

I don’t know about all that. All I remember is they were great, the writers left, and it went to [ Finebaum ].

This article says “beat the breaks” so you know an aggy homer wrote it.