• The KillerFrogs

Darius Anderson issue vs. ISU?

Billy Clyde

Re-watching the game now (I know, I know) and something strikes me really weird about DA. I remember reading on here, someone citing news media saying the reason he wasn't in on first two possessions was he "cut his hand and couldn't stop the bleeding" on the opening kickoff. My thought when I saw that was, "that doesn't sound right."

I'm now saying that is virtually not possible. First off, he was wearing gloves. He took the kick at the goal line, and just half-stepped it to the sideline, taking one hit to the left shoulder as he crossed over the boundary out of bounds. No contact from any other source with any part of his body, and he was running toward the camera so there wasn't any part of the play you couldn't see.

I know I'm going to sound like tinfoil hat guy, but he didn't run with any kind of the normal juice that you normally see from him. It was like he was looking for the sideline to run out from the moment he took the kick.

Also, for whatever it's worth, the announcers called him Darius Davis, but it was obviously DA, unless Davis borrowed his jersey.

Did he maybe start the game in Gary's doghouse? Or maybe injured? Otherwise it's hard to understand how you leave your best weapon on the shelf if you are trying to establish the run game early.

Billy Clyde

Our sideline reporter said he appeared to have turned an ankle. So with all of the other theories we just need congestive heart failure and spontaneous tuberculosis and we've covered all the bases.

Has he been hanging around Justin Rogers? Maybe Doc can weigh in on the potentially contagious pathology of deadfoot.

Pharm Frog

Has he been hanging around Justin Rogers? Maybe Doc can weigh in on the potentially contagious pathology of deadfoot.

I think the term is drop foot which would make it a far more appropriate injury for some of our receivers. But deadfoot does seem like a more lethal version of the pathology.

CountryFrog

Not saying this is what happened because I have no idea, but I cut my thumb in a practice one time getting hit. I didn't even get hit very hard and I wasn't taken to the ground. A guy caught me just right with his facemask and sliced me open right under my thumb nail. And yes I was wearing gloves. As small of a thing as it was it was actually one of the more painful things I ever dealt with playing sports and I've had countless injuries much more severe.

So it's definitely possible.

SuperTFrog

The field was crazy slick. Nobody could put their foot in the ground and cut. I think that is why we didn’t run those jet sweeps where we pass it to the wide out or give it on the counter.