• The KillerFrogs

Dangling A Carrot

Toad Jones

Gary’s reported 2021 compensation is $6.130 million. If such a sum were offered

on the open market what caliber of coach might it attract?
That 6.130 salary does not include perks of being HC. Housing allowance, car(s), gas, country club membership, etc... of course, expense account. Most likely carries three (no limit) cc's for odds and ends. This is typical with most. Alabama owns three jets and a small prop plane for short distance flights, so Saban as example, wants to fly to Puerto Rico for a day, he text his pilot when and where and boards up. When he lands there will be a driver or rental waiting. Goes to hotel he stays at the top and so on. In this trip he hasn't spent a nickel, so he has lots of nickels. If..... you had as many nickels as he, you would have a lot of nickels. Pretty good idea here when they say salary of 3/4 m, its really not 3/4 m at all but considerably more. Most of you already know this.

Putt4Purple

Please don't insult me. My credentials as a conservative have been well established on this board for a long time and in my "real life" for decades. However, unlike you, I believe in keeping politics out of sports threads.

As for your contention that five of our last six games are "very winnable," I'm not even sure what that phrase means. According to you, the Okie State game is not "very winnable" but with "great effort and improvement" we can still win it. So, apparently, it's "winnable" but not "very winnable"? Please.

The truth is that every game is "winnable" until it kicks off and we see how it plays out. As far as I'm concerned, all six of our games so far this season were "winnable" but we only won half of them, mainly because we don't have a defense with a pulse. And that's despite the fact that our head coach is supposedly a "defensive guru." Of course, no one has ever claimed that he's a "guru" when it comes to clock-management or in-game strategic risk-taking, which may also help to explain why we're 3-3 right now and have lost so many "winnable" games in recent years.

I just wonder what it will take for the few remaining Patterson Apologists on here to realize that it's time for a change.
As much as you want the change, this forum and all its post and followers will not bring that change. I as a supposed apologist cannot do a damn thing about it either. Bark up another tree and blame someone else!

Toad Jones

Amazed & grateful
Very amazed and like you grateful but looking ahead, always keeping a mindful eye on our competitors AND the recruiting cycles. What about adaptability to CHANGES IN THE COACHING WORLD. History is often mean and unforgiving, it seems to recycle over and over and since our beginning with Adam and Eve, it knows only the tracks we used. As a whole, seldom smart enough to create new tracks. Ck out history

Showtime Joe 2.0

As much as you want the change, this forum and all its post and followers will not bring that change. I as a supposed apologist cannot do a damn thing about it either. Bark up another tree and blame someone else!
I understand that there are people with real influence who read this forum and a few who even participate in it while maintaining their anonymity. But I am not one of those persons and I guess you aren't either. To me, this is just a place to vent my frustrations at times and listen to what other faithful Frog fans have to say, even if they disagree with me. I take it as a given that, with the exception of some obvious trolls, we would all bleed purple if stabbed and we all want the Frogs to win every game they play. So, if I sound like I'm "barking up a tree" at times or "blaming" any of my fellow posters for things beyond their control, I can assure you that it's not my intention to do so. We're all on the same team here.

And in that vein, please remember that when we all die and go to Heaven, everyone up there will believe in exactly the same things . . . that I do now!