• The KillerFrogs

Dallas county no football

steelfrog

Tier 1
Clay Jenkins just issued an emergency order saying no in person school until at least September 8 which means no practices and no sports or other extracurriculars until at least that time. This probably means no football

CountryFrog

I have no problem with delaying the start of school but if this turns into forced schooling from home for the entire fall semester then that's ridiculous imo.

At what point do we move from "flattening the curve" to living our lives again? Kids basically missing out on an entire year of actual schooling is total insanity. I feel like we're in the real world equivalent of a total prevent defense right now. We're so scared of doing anything that might hurt us that we're going to just give the game away 12 yards at a time.

Moose Stuff

I have no problem with delaying the start of school but if this turns into forced schooling from home for the entire fall semester then that's ridiculous imo.
You know this is exactly what's gonna happen though. Only it's gonna be the entire year and not just the fall semester. If we can't start school now under these conditions what is gonna be different in 3 weeks? 6 weeks? 2 months? 4 months? 6 months? Barring an effective vaccination the answer is NOTHING. You can either deal with it or you can't deal with it and we are loudly answering that we can't (or in many instances that we simply don't want to).

Frog-in-law1995

You know this is exactly what's gonna happen though. Only it's gonna be the entire year and not just the fall semester. If we can't start school now under these conditions what is gonna be different in 3 weeks? 6 weeks? 2 months? 4 months? 6 months? Barring an effective vaccination the answer is NOTHING. You can either deal with it or you can't deal with it and we are loudly answering that we can't (or in many instances that we simply don't want to).

yep. At this point there are enough people scared [ Finebaum ]less over “cases” with their heels dug in that nothing short of a vaccine, or perhaps herd immunity undeniably dropping cases to zero, will bring them around.

Wexahu

Kids are going to be back in school in January. I think you can take that to the bank.

Moose Stuff

Right. Unless they decide to have a spring season. I'm not saying kids for sure won't be going back at some time this fall. I'm saying they will be back by January no matter what.

And it will be an admission that not being in school in the fall was useless because the virus will exist in the same manner it currently does.