• The KillerFrogs

Daily Oklahoman: TCU breaks barrier for Big 12 by reaching College Football Playoff title game

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU breaks barrier for Big 12 by reaching College Football Playoff title game​

Berry Tramel
Oklahoman

cd666b24-764c-47e0-9639-761d955cdb72-GTY_1453552020.jpg

A Christan folk song from the 1970s was entitled “Have You Kissed Any Frogs Today?”

I never heard the song back then. Didn’t even know what it meant. But I thought of the title Saturday when Texas Christian quarterback Max Duggan trotted onto the field to take the Fiesta Bowl’s final snap.

The Horned Frogs had completed a 51-45 upset of Michigan, and the Big 12 finally had placed a team in college football’s national championship game, and I feel like kissing every frog I can find.

What a day for college football. What a day for the Big 12.

Read more at https://www.statesman.com/story/spo...-championship-game-boosts-big-12/69769770007/

Pharm Frog

1AB4B480-F31B-48CB-9C13-59196DBCDC98.jpegNot only do I own that album but when my mother used to perform it at church socials, I had to sing a part of the chorus with my sister.

Pharm Frog

Why does The Oklahoman do a better job than FWST? Great story.

Love this picture…

View attachment 13348
Because the Daily Oklahoman is a better paper than the FWST by a lot. I subscribed to the Daily Oklahoman when I lived up there. It has its challenges but not like the garbage down here. Tramel can write well, does not like the whole clicks culture, and basically doesn’t give a damn about what people think of his writing. He isn’t out to please or piss off anyone. And he goes on sports talk radio shows and gets real with the public. I didn’t always agree with him but he’s never appeared to have an agenda based on getting views.

Now that I’m back in Texas I have less than zero interest in taking the FWST.

Power of Purple

Ticket Exchange Pass
Because the Daily Oklahoman is a better paper than the FWST by a lot. I subscribed to the Daily Oklahoman when I lived up there. It has its challenges but not like the garbage down here. Tramel can write well, does not like the whole clicks culture, and basically doesn’t give a damn about what people think of his writing. He isn’t out to please or piss off anyone. And he goes on sports talk radio shows and gets real with the public. I didn’t always agree with him but he’s never appeared to have an agenda based on getting views.

Now that I’m back in Texas I have less than zero interest in taking the FWST.
That's too bad. I don't live in DFW anymore but growing up I always thought the "Star Telegram" was such a unique and cool name for a newspaper and something special for Texas. We would read it regularly. Times change I suppose.

HornyWartyToad

Article raises an interesting issue: Did Yormark pull the trigger too soon on the new TV deal? I think you have to say no, but it's fun to contemplate going through negotiations with a NC winner or runner-up team in your portfolio and all the newcomers on the way. And I know this would be viewed most places as crazy talk, but who knows, maybe the B12 winds up a stronger conference sans the cows and land thieves. Certainly we are close to being cemented as the clear 3rd-place conference ahead of PAC and ACC.
The good news is, TCU's year, along with whatever Sonny can pull of next, will still be fairly fresh when the contract comes up again. This is big for the conference, and I hope ADJD is making very sure to point that out to the new conference leadership and ensure TCU doesn't take a back seat to anyone, ever again in terms of scheduling, revenue shares, etc.