• The KillerFrogs

Daily Oklahoman: Sooners ready for new QB look from TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Daily Oklahoman: Sooners ready for new QB look from TCU

by JOE MUSSATTO

OU plays at TCU on Saturday, and the Sooners know who will quarterback the Horned Frogs. Kind of. Sort of.

Shawn Robinson is TCU's quarterback but has been a turnover machine, and Frog coach Gary Patterson said he might consider using backup Michael Collins, a transfer from Penn.

But such uncertainty is nothing new for the Sooner defense. OU entered the season opener against Florida Atlantic not knowing who the Owls would use. Turns out it was ex-Sooner Chris Robison who got the job.

Read more at https://newsok.com/article/5612197/ou-football-journal-sooners-ready-for-new-qb-look-from-tcu

Smooth42

Funny how everyone watching the Frogs play, announcers, students, alumni, fan base and now even our upcoming opponents ask the question, how in the hell has TCU not put in another QB in at least one series??? Still unbelievable that we have not seen Collins (Texas doesn't count). Give the guy a dang shot, what else do we have to lose??? He might look like crap for a couple of series? Like we haven't already seen crap the last 4 games at QB?? You can always put him back in...

LVH

Funny how everyone watching the Frogs play, announcers, students, alumni, fan base and now even our upcoming opponents ask the question, how in the hell has TCU not put in another QB in at least one series??? Still unbelievable that we have not seen Collins (Texas doesn't count). Give the guy a dang shot, what else do we have to lose??? He might look like crap for a couple of series? Like we haven't already seen crap the last 4 games at QB?? You can always put him back in...

Probably because our coaching staff knows more than the fans

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The more SR plays the closer he gets to putting it all together. He shows flashes of greatness along with flashes of [ What the heck? ]?

Please let this be this week we see what can and will be.

Smooth42

Probably because our coaching staff knows more than the fans

We are last in the country on turnovers. Rule number one as a player and a coach. Protect the football. When you are last in turnovers and you don't make changes for the sake of the team then something is wrong. The poor kids is lost out there, I mean lost. We are just asking for one or two series. That way the coaches can at least show the paying fans that the second guy is just as bad if not worse... But what do they have to lose at this point. Is SR this fragile??? Good lord.

Bob

We are first in the country on turnovers. Nobody is as good at it as us.

fify

Why, the article even mentions that SR is a turnover machine - and he's just a sophomore. Just think how good he can get with KH on the sidelines coaching him.

H0RNEDFR0G

I get it, I am guilty of wanting to see Collins too. The only way to work through SR's turnover problems is to play through it. In game, people are flying around and there's more pressure, crowd noise etc. We've seen his flashes of brilliance and I don't think the coaches are ready to give up on his potential. He's gotta work through it in games.

mc1502

I get it, I am guilty of wanting to see Collins too. The only way to work through SR's turnover problems is to play through it. In game, people are flying around and there's more pressure, crowd noise etc. We've seen his flashes of brilliance and I don't think the coaches are ready to give up on his potential. He's gotta work through it in games.

Face it folks. this is essentially TB round 2. SR has the raw skills, but we are going to have to live through his growing up phase to realize his potential...... Just like we did for TB.

It sucks, but it is what it is.