• The KillerFrogs

Daily Oklahoman: OU football coach Brent Venables previews Sooners' Week 5 game against TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
OU football coach Brent Venables previews Sooners' Week 5 game against TCU

Ryan Aber
Oklahoman

NORMAN — OU coach Brent Venables held his weekly press conference Tuesday, looking back at last weekend's loss to Kansas State and previewing Saturday's 11 a.m. game at TCU.

Here's what Venables had to say:

➤ Venables said he was happy with the way his team has responded since the loss.

"Getting our guys to buy in and run towards the hard," Venables said. "On the defensive side of the ball, we've got a lot of guys that have been scarred up.

"Our guys are hungry, they're eager and they want to put the work in."

Read more at https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spo...views-sooners-week-5-game-vs-tcu/69522377007/

Nick Danger

"Our guys are hungry, they're eager and they want to put the work in."
The obligatory post-loss "Coach speak" cliche's. Did you not notice them not being hungry, being eager, or wanting to put the work in last week? Apparently the OU coaches found their last week's practice habits acceptable at the time . . . or did you not think it mattered!

Toad Jones

"They're really, really good at recv'r" Does not mention our offense as a whole, our defense, qb play. From his lack of mention, does that mean he is not too impressed with other aspects of our game? Sat will be a test for us and think this is a good bell weather game to see if we are a contener or a middle of the pack team. After three games we should be in line with assignments and discipline of play. We'll see. Believe w/n in 5 minutes of the game you will know.

BTW, I think we'll see at least three trickration plays. Anything to confuse their defense.

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

"They're really, really good at recv'r" Does not mention our offense as a whole, our defense, qb play. From his lack of mention, does that mean he is not too impressed with other aspects of our game? Sat will be a test for us and think this is a good bell weather game to see if we are a contener or a middle of the pack team. After three games we should be in line with assignments and discipline of play. We'll see. Believe w/n in 5 minutes of the game you will know.

BTW, I think we'll see at least three trickration plays. Anything to confuse their defense.
Yes, huge slap in the face. Pin this article in the locker room

82 Frog Fever

For myownself, I would rather see more crisp execution from the Frogs as opposed to trickeration. Sharp timing, accuracy on blocking, routes and on throws.

"Let's put a smile on our face, murder in our hearts, and let's go punch these... in the mouth!"
Right there with ya!
In fact to win this game, I think we need unpack SMASHMOUTH.
We‘ll need 240+ rushing, and from what I saw last week, if we persist, we could get it.

- Run the ball!
- Stop the run!
- Pressure Gabriel!
We win!