• The KillerFrogs

Daily Oklahoman: Lincoln Riley says Sooners 'still haven't made a decision' on starting QB vs. TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Lincoln Riley says Sooners 'still haven't made a decision' on starting QB vs. TCU

Ryan Aber, Oklahoman

NORMAN — Two days after freshman quarterback Caleb Williams helped lead OU to a wild 55-48 come-from-behind victory over Texas in the Cotton Bowl on Saturday, Sooners coach Lincoln Riley said he wasn’t sure whether or not he would publicly declare a starter ahead of Saturday’s game against TCU.

“I still haven’t made that decision yet,” Riley said Monday on the Big 12 media teleconference. “Just like any position, I think we’ll look at the game plan versus TCU, continue to evaluate these guys as they practice and go with who helps us the most."

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...e-a-decision-on-starting-qb-vs-tcu/ar-AAPnGmr

netty2424

Lincoln Riley says Sooners 'still haven't made a decision' on starting QB vs. TCU

Ryan Aber, Oklahoman

NORMAN — Two days after freshman quarterback Caleb Williams helped lead OU to a wild 55-48 come-from-behind victory over Texas in the Cotton Bowl on Saturday, Sooners coach Lincoln Riley said he wasn’t sure whether or not he would publicly declare a starter ahead of Saturday’s game against TCU.

“I still haven’t made that decision yet,” Riley said Monday on the Big 12 media teleconference. “Just like any position, I think we’ll look at the game plan versus TCU, continue to evaluate these guys as they practice and go with who helps us the most."

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...e-a-decision-on-starting-qb-vs-tcu/ar-AAPnGmr
Ok Gary.

Relic

With the legalization of paid-to-play, why hasn't enough cash already been stashed in each QB's pocket to mollify them regardless of who gets the starting position?

Eight

Why would any of that stop a guy from transferring to go to the next "pot of gold" waiting somewhere else?

especially when the thought going into this season was rattler would be gone at the end to enter the draft

will be interesting to see how lincoln handles this because his reputation has been pretty clean so far with quarterbacks even though he hasn't exactly crushed it on his recruits. transfers, yes, but rattler has played the most of any of his high school recruits

Mean Purple

Does it matter. GP still running the same split field defense that Lincoln has torched quite a bit. They are gonna play the numbers and head to open space.