• The KillerFrogs

Daily Oklahoman: Gary Patterson is wrong about the Ohio State series

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I sure as hell hope the recruits we target don't believe this BS, because that's exactly what it is.
You keep on genuflecting to your betters over at ESPN, bucko. Hell, they'll be by tomorrow! Go on over and offer up a tongue bath!

Double V

This paragraph presumes what most TCU fans don’t believe which is that OU and OSU (noted blue bloods) are viewed in the same light as TCU. Good losses and bad losses aren’t created equal and much has to do with the logo on your helmet. I personally could care less. I like playing big games against blue bloods
I see it as more of an insurance policy against the random loss to a non top-tier team (i.e. Iowa State) that can happen to a good team playing a 9-game conference schedule.

Wexahu

Tough comparison because they were independent. So playing 4-5 tough teams out of conference isn't dissimilar to what most teams in a big conference play. Some years they played 2, 3, 5 ranked teams. SEC teams do that every year, and we sometimes do the same.

But they also played Rice, E Carolina, Tulsa, Colorado St.

That’s not really the point though, the fact is they became one of the premier teams in college football, maybe the premier team for awhile, by playing and beating the true heavyweights. They were willing to play home and homes with ND, OU, FSU etc and those were the Alabama and Ohio States of that time. And they are a relatively small private school that didn’t even have a conference. We can get to that point if we schedule and win high profile games like this.

FrogLifeYo

I tend to think Clemson is a great example of how to get over the hump..they are certainly getting the benefit of the doubt now where they weren’t when we played them last..They won their way into the Blue Blood circle which isn’t easy to do. Winning is a medicine that both cures ailments and can snow ball into great fortunes. It requires taking some risk but I think we are far closer to knocking that last door down than many realize. A game like Sats, could have great implications for our program..Even in hard fought loss.

froginmn

That’s not really the point though, the fact is they became one of the premier teams in college football, maybe the premier team for awhile, by playing and beating the true heavyweights. They were willing to play home and homes with ND, OU, FSU etc and those were the Alabama and Ohio States of that time. And they are a relatively small private school that didn’t even have a conference. We can get to that point if we schedule and win high profile games like this.
Right, but you're ignoring the fact that Miami scheduled a couple of heavyweights out of conference, but didn't have to play any heavyweights in conference, like every other team.

So it's not a good comparison.

Mean Purple

I think it is so kind for newspapers in Oklahoma to hire middle school drop puts. Giving the. A chance at their dreams so they dont have to steal hubcaps for a living.