• The KillerFrogs

CWS 2021

Frog79

It is a good point that many people do forget. The vaccine does not necessarily prevent you from getting COVID-19. It’s supposed to keep you from getting a “bad” case of Covid, which 98% of cases are not. I wonder if the two who did not have the vaccine had any symptoms. Any reports on this yet?
I don’t know whether the two unvaccinated players had any symptoms or not. I’m guessing that they didn’t since this whole thing has developed much like the John Rahm debacle where he was completely asymptomatic but kept from competing anyway.

Yes the vaccines are supposed to result in milder breakthrough cases but the most current data from the UK regarding the dreaded Delta variant which is dominant over there shows that more deaths have occurred in vaccinated patients (breakthrough cases) than in unvaccinated patients. The numbers are pretty small though since hardly anyone is dying from Covid right now.

PurpleBlood87

So let me get this straight all the Vanderbilt players passed there Covid teats and are cleared to play in the championship series.

So they aren't going to be tested again? So they can't contract Covid between now and first pitch Monday night?

Pharm Frog

So let me get this straight all the Vanderbilt players passed there Covid teats and are cleared to play in the championship series.

So they aren't going to be tested again? So they can't contract Covid between now and first pitch Monday night?

It's impossible that any Vandy Tier 1s (including players) were tested because they were all vaccinated, right? That's what some on here claim.....if you're vaccinated, no testing. Sarcasm -- that's not at all what the protocol said.

flyfishingfrog

It's impossible that any Vandy Tier 1s (including players) were tested because they were all vaccinated, right? That's what some on here claim.....if you're vaccinated, no testing. Sarcasm -- that's not at all what the protocol said.
Everyone was tested the Friday before CWS started evidently

since then no one on a team fully vaccinated has been tested and only vaccinated players on a team with positive tests would have required additional tests - thus only NC State

I did see that they have suddenly adjusted both the teams to stop coming in and out of the lobby of the hotel where the crowds are - obviously someone pointed out how that didn’t align with their “testing” rationale since they seem to be pushing the idea that a player can only be be exposed by his fellow team members….

thing that makes no sense is if you were not testing Vandy for being on the field with NC State then why are you worried about them playing another game against them?

Either you are at risk on the field and every player should be tested or you are not and there is no reason to kick NC State out

froginmn

since then no one on a team fully vaccinated has been tested and only vaccinated players on a team with positive tests would have required additional tests - thus only NC State

I did see that they have suddenly adjusted both the teams to stop coming in and out of the lobby of the hotel where the crowds are - obviously someone pointed out how that didn’t align with their “testing” rationale since they seem to be pushing the idea that a player can only be be exposed by his fellow team members….

thing that makes no sense is if you were not testing Vandy for being on the field with NC State then why are you worried about them playing another game against them?

Either you are at risk on the field and every player should be tested or you are not and there is no reason to kick NC State out
It's exhausting trying to keep track of how some people say that COVID spreads. IIRC we're spending taxpayer dollars to retrofit school ventilation systems because COVID travels that way; have the hotels, restaurants, locker rooms, and every other building the players go into been outfitted with the necessary HVAC? Seems like the first few rows in the stands should also be empty to keep the players away from the 21,000 fans.

Pharm Frog

All for show. Nobody with any sense is worried. And further, I think they like it. Creates more interest and angst and chatter. All I ask is that the Whistler be forced to mask up with double masks and the request has nothing to do with COVID.

tcumaniac

If I’m being honest I don’t give one scheiss what Charlie Kirk has to say about the NCAA (no disrespect to you for posting it). SMH at “sociopaths”. Stay in your lane Charlie.
Not to get off on an unrelated tangent, but until relatively recently I had a pretty negative opinion of Charlie- assuming he was an uneducated maga blowhard. But over time I’ve listened to him do some interviews on a few podcasts and was shocked by how intelligent, thoughtful, and articulate he is.

And imo, I don’t think it’s necessarily fair to say he needs to stay in his lane. We’re kidding ourselves if we don’t admit that in some form or fashion, these asinine policies were ultimately influenced by nonsensical political pressures.