• The KillerFrogs

Cumbie gets emotional when asked about his relationship with Gary

Shorty

The fact that you think a guy crying over a stupid question makes him a good dude is really totally F’ed up.

Oh sorry. Maybe you’re right. Steel wants just such men negotiating with the Chinese, or fighting our next war.

Good god. If this is the acme of manhood we are truly screwed.

Hell it isn’t even about masculinity. Steel could never imagine any of his five daughters or wife acting this way. Inconceivable.

Dude has a screw loose and that’s somehow an admirable quality. Pathetic.
steel cries in private watching dog food commercials.

StealthFrog

You watch, GP pounces on things like this. all it does is reaffirm to him that he is doing things correctly and that he doesn’t need to do anything differently regarding staffing and culture

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I LOVE the new countryfrog
Screw it im having pumpkin pancakes this week
I'm eating a pumpkin muffin this morning.

depositphotos_125172922-stock-photo-funny-halloween-pumpkin-in-sunglasses.jpg

Pharm Frog

I think Patterson is one of the most respected coaches in game today. He at times is over intense, but he is also not cruel. You don't hear many say anything negative about him. There are several coaches he has rescued out of bad situations. He has helped others get their footing. He is a mentor and a teacher to others. There are coaches who lose their assistants and wither away quickly. Assistants leave TCU for better opportunities, but Patterson still puts out a respectable product. There are several assistants I would love to have back at TCU. I am starting to swing towards the side that says a change at the HC level for football, but I also understand that change isn't always better. The sign of a great leader is those that can push others forward while bringing up others.

1) HFC is not an ASPCA endeavor. Leave rescuing to those who are paid to do it.
2) Remind me how many assistants have left TCU for "better opportunities"
3) "Respectable product" is an interesting standard. ROI could be significantly better to meet this objective.
4) Which assistants do you want back?
5) Needed you in the coaching shrub discussion.

Fiscuits

This says it all…. All you ass clowns asking for Gary’s head on a platter should get your priorities straight or step out from behind the “chat board”…. Keyboard warriors that have probably never run or directed anything in your lives… when you are a responsible person guiding young men’s lives and the image and integrity of our institution, you will one day realize there are more important things in life. Just ask a reasonable Aggie or Longhorn what happens when the mob makes decisions.
The coach is paid to win not make friends. I don’t care if he’s hated by every person on earth but wins. That is his only freaking job, go be a mentor at Big Brothers if that’s his calling.

This says it all…. All you ass clowns asking for Gary’s head on a platter should get your priorities straight or step out from behind the “chat board”…. Keyboard warriors that have probably never run or directed anything in your lives… when you are a responsible person guiding young men’s lives and the image and integrity of our institution, you will one day realize there are more important things in life. Just ask a reasonable Aggie or Longhorn what happens when the mob makes decisions.
Hey ass clown nobody disagrees that it is great to care about people yet caring about a team that is bad for business is totally irresponsible. The clip shows that Gary cares about everybody else except for the fans aka your ultimate source of business. He does not care about what the fans seek and that is ruining the company, moving it backwards. you sound like middle management and have never been one that participates in the long term vision. The HC is the CEO and you’re just one of the back office assistant coach, ass clown. Do you tell strangers you’re a manager and get a Ford Taurus company car too?

You know when a CEO runs a public company they won’t deal with YoY loss because your strategy isn’t working or your team isn’t performing. The shareholders want ethical people but not at the cost of losing their money. Go work at a non profit if that’s the goal. Ass clown

East Coast

Tier 1
Just to be clear, it’s entirely possible to think Gary is a great person and not want him to be your football coach at the same time (I mean that’s EXACTLY how we all felt about Sonny too). Gary is paid millions of dollars to win football games, not to take care of his assistants. That being said, I love this video. Sonny Cumbie is a really good dude.
Exactly. The hardest thing for me was having to let go a really good person who was trying hard, but not cutting it. I'm starting to think Fitch is the same type, really good dude who can recruit, but isn't better than an average coach.

Moose Stuff

Exactly. The hardest thing for me was having to let go a really good person who was trying hard, but not cutting it. I'm starting to think Fitch is the same type, really good dude who can recruit, but isn't better than an average coach.
I don’t have a huge issue with average coaches but there are a few below average coaches on our staff that I’d be happy to see replaced.

TCUdirtbag

Just to be clear, it’s entirely possible to think Gary is a great person and not want him to be your football coach at the same time (I mean that’s EXACTLY how we all felt about Sonny too). Gary is paid millions of dollars to win football games, not to take care of his assistants. That being said, I love this video. Sonny Cumbie is a really good dude.

Sonny Cumbie is one of the best people to ever work for TCU.

Mean Purple

Take a look in the mirror, dude.

Mean Purple

GP is not paid those millions to run a coaching clinic. A big part of his job is to provide a winning program.

Limey Frog

The fact that any of you think this guy crying when asked a simple question rather than answering it like a man shows our society and the men in particular have become a bunch of wussies. Good lord. Steel is embarrassed for him and disgusted by him at the same time

Cumbie needs to rub some dirt on that shi'ite.

Sebastian S

Patterson is so fierce on the field, you would think he knows to separate personal and business life and have no problem firing a coach for poor performance.

A lot of successful people i have met have this on/off switch from personal to business. Almost seems like 2 completely different people.

Ruthless when it came to getting the job done at work but outside, the nicest and most fun person. Just don't mess with his work/business.