• The KillerFrogs

Crunch got swung at tonight...

gdu

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Apr 12 2010, 07:21 PM) [snapback]543687[/snapback]
On the other hand imagine the raw courage it takes to call somebody a coward on a message board. :tongue: :tongue:

Doing something that does not require courage does not make that act cowardly.

joejordan

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 03:23 PM) [snapback]543691[/snapback]
I said dweeb so as to not be offensive (unlike you at the bar). I likely would have offended you if I had said what I really thought, and that was not my intention. Which word should I have used?

Your the one with the law degree...can't find the right word without resorting to offensiveness? If I was that easily offended (which I'm not), then calling me a coward would have done it. So you've already gone there. What else is on your mind, sweetie?

gdu

QUOTE(crunch @ Apr 12 2010, 07:27 PM) [snapback]543698[/snapback]
Your the one with the law degree...can't find the right word without resorting to offensiveness? If I was that easily offended (which I'm not), then calling me a coward would have done it. So you've already gone there. What else is on your mind, sweetie?

Dweeb probably is one of the right words. In this case, there is probably more than one. Anybody that goes to a bar and talks football smack in April is probably a dweeb (among other things).

You solicited replies with your first post, so I had no problem calling you a coward. If that offends you, you asked for it (unlike the UT fan from the sounds of it).

Plenty of things on my mind. I don't need your input on any of them, or I would ask.

joejordan

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 03:31 PM) [snapback]543702[/snapback]
Dweeb probably is one of the right words. In this case, there is probably more than one. Anybody that goes to a bar and talks football smack in April is probably a dweeb (among other things).

You solicited replies with your first post, so I had no problem calling you a coward. If that offends you, you asked for it (unlike the UT fan from the sounds of it).

Plenty of things on my mind. I don't need your input on any of them, or I would ask.

I talk football smack all year long. And I'd like to do it alot more than I am able. I love it, and I love to hear it. I did not know that was one of the definitions of the 80's pejorative Dweeb. Hmmm, football smack the day after most schools hold their annual intrasquad scrimmages at the end of Spring drills. Does that sound dweebish to you? You're a joke, gdu.

Also, there are plenty of posts on here with little or no 'feedback'. Commentary is always welcome, but I did not 'solicit' replies, as you say. Your command of the English language (or possibly simple comprehension) is suspect.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(crunch @ Apr 12 2010, 02:38 PM) [snapback]543712[/snapback]
I talk football smack all year long. And I'd like to do it alot more than I am able. I love it, and I love to hear it. I did not know that was one of the definitions of the 80's pejorative Dweeb. Hmmm, football smack the day after most schools hold their annual intrasquad scrimmages at the end of Spring drills. Does that sound dweebish to you? You're a joke, gdu.

Also, there are plenty of posts on here with little or no 'feedback'. Commentary is always welcome, but I did not 'solicit' replies, as you say. Your command of the English language (or possibly simple comprehension) is suspect.

April is the time for more manly activities like keeping up with the latest Nike fashion trends. :tongue: :tongue:

Okay you should have kicked his [Deleted] it would have been self defense a solid punch to solar plexus would do the trick. Then take his girl home with you now that would have been a much better story. That is how TCU rolls.

gdu

QUOTE(crunch @ Apr 12 2010, 07:38 PM) [snapback]543712[/snapback]

If you really want to hear it, you were being a [ Craig James], a [ profanity ], a jerk, a loser...

You wouldn't have started a thread about a personal story if youwren't soliciting feedback. The same is not true of every single post on here, like you say.

joejordan

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 03:47 PM) [snapback]543723[/snapback]
If you really want to hear it, you were being a [ Craig James], a [ profanity ], a jerk, a loser...

You wouldn't have started a thread about a personal story if youwren't soliciting feedback. The same is not true of every single post on here, like you say.

There you go...let it out baby! Now, don't you feel better? I thought it was a funny story about a thin-skinned Taxes fan, whose night did not end the way he wanted. Like I said, comments are always welcome, but I did not solicit feedback. That would require a line such as, "what do you guys think?", much like your "whatya got?" fashion thread. Do you see the difference? (Now, THAT is a solicitation). Get it? (Oooh, another one!)

gdu

QUOTE(crunch @ Apr 12 2010, 07:56 PM) [snapback]543732[/snapback]
There you go...let it out baby! Now, don't you feel better? I thought it was a funny story about a thin-skinned Taxes fan, whose night did not end the way he wanted. Like I said, comments are always welcome, but I did not solicit feedback. That would require a line such as, "what do you guys think?", much like your "whatya got?" fashion thread. Do you see the difference? (Now, THAT is a solicitation). Get it? (Oooh, another one!)

There is an implicit solicitation for feedback when starting a thread about a personal story. I asked what TCU stuff people had in one of my threads. That is asking for replies, not feedback.

"Feedback describes the situation when output from (or information about the result of) an event or phenomenon in the past will influence an occurrence or occurrences of the same (i.e. same defined) event / phenomenon (or the continuation / development of the original phenomenon) in the present or future."

Do you see the difference? (that is a solicitation for a reply, not feedback)

And I didn't feel bad in the first place, so I don't feel better now. It might have been a funny story if the Bama guy had said what you did (you know since they beat Texas last year, finished higher, had a better record and beat Texas the last time they played).

JimSwinkLives!

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Apr 12 2010, 02:42 PM) [snapback]543717[/snapback]
April is the time for more manly activities like keeping up with the latest Nike fashion trends. :tongue: :tongue:

:biggrin:

gdu

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Apr 12 2010, 07:42 PM) [snapback]543717[/snapback]

Whatever you're into. I don't care about Nike fashion trends. I do care about official TCU gear.

joejordan

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 03:59 PM) [snapback]543734[/snapback]
There is an implicit solicitation for feedback when starting a thread about a personal story. I asked what TCU stuff people had in one of my threads. That is asking for replies, not feedback.

"Feedback describes the situation when output from (or information about the result of) an event or phenomenon in the past will influence an occurrence or occurrences of the same (i.e. same defined) event / phenomenon (or the continuation / development of the original phenomenon) in the present or future."

Do you see the difference? (that is a solicitation for a reply, not feedback)

And I didn't feel bad in the first place, so I don't feel better now. It might have been a funny story if the Bama guy had said what you did (you know since they beat Texas last year, finished higher, had a better record and beat Texas the last time they played).

You've already proven to have insufficient skills regarding words and their usage...stop trying so hard to re-prove it. There was no implicit or explicit solicitation for anything in my OP. I was just telling a funny thing that happened at the bar...I couldn't care less if there were no responses, whether feedback or replies. You are a Brilesbag extraordinaire, you know it, and yet, you still can't help yourself.

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ Apr 12 2010, 12:50 PM) [snapback]543641[/snapback]
<br />And I don't agree on this loyality to Texas stuff. Yes to the state, not to that University in Austin. I have no loyality to them and wouldn't care if they ever won a sporting event again.<br />

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! All loyalty to UTard was flushed when SWC broke. Plus, just cause the d-bag had a walmart TU cap on doesn't mean he is a Texan. Only guarantee is he was a [ profanity ]. We watch Frogs backs first and douches never.

gdu

QUOTE(gohornedfrogs @ Apr 12 2010, 10:21 PM) [snapback]543847[/snapback]
It's official.

gdu has turned this place into Baylorfans.com.

Congratulations.

Huh? All baylorfans does is have unrealistic expectations, obsess over A&M and get off on the failures of Texas and TCU. Not sure how I have done any of that.

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ Apr 12 2010, 01:50 PM) [snapback]543641[/snapback]
And I don't agree on this loyality to Texas stuff. Yes to the state, not to that University in Austin. I have no loyality to them and wouldn't care if they ever won a sporting event again.

Exactly. This was about two schools in the state of Texas, not about Texans vs residents of another state.

This happened in a Georgia bar, right? What makes anybody think the guy in the UT hat was a Texan? Like the comment stated, orange caps with longhorn sillouettes on them are available at any 7-11 in Texas and probably many outside of Texas. This guy could be from any state and could have gotten that cap at any of thousands of places.