• The KillerFrogs

Crunch got swung at tonight...

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(crunch @ Apr 12 2010, 12:30 PM) [snapback]543578[/snapback]
I completely understand the posts regarding 'Texans' and 'sack' and 'wrong'. I was not telling what happened as some heroic act of mine. I think the whole thing is funny. In my opinion the Taxes dude showed very thin skin in a sports bar well-known for trash talk. He also showed cowardice by taking a relatively unprovoked swing at the back of my head. I never got hit...I also think its funny how most of the jawing was between a Bama fan, yet he chose to ask me what my problem was. Another one (like many on here) who is either very young, stupid, or has no memory. Our conversation never escalated, just well-known issues brought to light. Looking back, I think it was the laughter from those around us when I said "Still the second best team in Texas" that prompted the sneak attack. I'm sorry Davy Crockett, but 'thems not fightin' words'.

Regarding Texans standing with Texans...hmmm...there's way too many idiots for me to make a blanket statement like that. I stand with my friends, and the disadvantaged.

Oh, and by the way, this bar has every sports channel you can possibly think of, and I have used it to be able to see as many TCU games over the last 5 years (when not able to be there in person) as possible. Early on, I dealt with my own share of abuse, taunting, denigrating and baiting regarding the Frogs. It is a sports bar rite of passage, and the Frogs have earned respect, even fans, at this watering hole. When fans of Taxes or other arrogant, self-styled 'elite' schools saunter in, the same rules apply. The expectation of salutation because you're wearing a ballcap does not fly here. It gets you tossed by guys who like to do stuff like that.

2314 gets it and thanks you for sharing the story.
Especially since it p*ssed gdu off :laugh:

gdu

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 12 2010, 05:58 PM) [snapback]543597[/snapback]
2314 gets it and thanks you for sharing the story.
Especially since it p*ssed gdu off :laugh:

It didn't piss me off at all. I am embarrassed that a TCU fan acted in that way, but I am not pissed off in any way.

joejordan

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 02:24 PM) [snapback]543616[/snapback]
It didn't piss me off at all. I am embarrassed that a TCU fan acted in that way, but I am not pissed off in any way.

What are you embarrassed about? Seriously, it sounds as if you ARE the guy there last night. There was absolutely nothing said or done that warranted a hit from behind, or a regular fistfight. I think the Taxes fan should be embarrassed for not being able to handle a little verbal sparring, which is all it was. Your loyalties are obvious and your sense of right and wrong now makes me question your qualifications to be an officer of the court.

gdu

QUOTE(crunch @ Apr 12 2010, 06:32 PM) [snapback]543621[/snapback]
What are you embarrassed about? Seriously, it sounds as if you ARE the guy there last night. There was absolutely nothing said or done that warranted a hit from behind, or a regular fistfight. I think the Taxes fan should be embarrassed for not being able to handle a little verbal sparring, which is all it was. Your loyalties are obvious and your sense of right and wrong now makes me question your qualifications to be an officer of the court.

I am far from the only one who feels the way I do. The ONLY reason you chose to respond to me and not them is bc I am the easiest target for simple-minded folks like yourself and you wanted to deflect.

You are a coward, plain and simple. The Texas fan may have been to for starting a fight with you and not the big guy, but he didn't come here to brag about it. You did.

gdu

QUOTE(froginaustin @ Apr 12 2010, 06:41 PM) [snapback]543631[/snapback]
:laugh:
:wacko:

QUOTE(MO Frogs @ Apr 12 2010, 08:36 AM) [snapback]543397[/snapback]
You get three thumbs down from MO Frogs!

As a previous "Out of State Texan" I have some experience in these matters, and you did it wrong brother!

First of all, Texans look out for Texans! We can buck and fight all day long about who's got the bigger horns amongst each other. But out of state you gotta back up and help represent your fellow Texans and your state. I'll be dammed If Im gonna team up with some south east yankees to gang up on a fellow Texan! Especially seeing as how he was obviously outnumbered and had the sack to hold his own in hostile territory.

Secondly, As a Texan we finish fights! Not run your lip and hide behind your 350lb tough guy buddy!

I gotta give props to the guy with the UT hat! Sounds to me like he acted like a true Texan and didnt let those SEC sissies back him down one bit. To me your story is a little like bragging that you helped get an American arrested while hanging out in Paris with your soccer buddies!

Now Im a Frog Fan tried and true, but Im a Texan through and through! Let me tell you somethin there’s is a common bond that unites us and a reputation that precedes us. That’s why you can always tell a Texan!....Just not much!

You did it wrong!

QUOTE(FrogFrog @ Apr 12 2010, 04:16 PM) [snapback]543533[/snapback]
Awesome story. A TCU fan, no doubt feeling brave sitting next to a 350 lb dude, starts spouting off to a UT guy, who is minding his own business and wanting to have a drink with his lady friend.

You showed him, dude.

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Apr 12 2010, 05:15 PM) [snapback]543569[/snapback]
Agreed. Reminds me of most of the kids that go to TCU. Most of em will talk noise until someone steps up to them... then its like they are a deaf/mute. Sounds like Crunch needed his [Deleted] whipped.

QUOTE(Ilikefootballalot @ Apr 12 2010, 05:22 PM) [snapback]543572[/snapback]
"Fights are awesome"

-14 year old kid

gdu

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 12 2010, 06:46 PM) [snapback]543635[/snapback]
Why? You are a TCU embarrassment almost every day.

There you go acting like crunch. Actually you seem more like the Texas fan. You get butthurt way too easily and would swing at the back of a smaller guys head.

This thread isn't about me. Stick to the topic.

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(crunch @ Apr 12 2010, 01:32 PM) [snapback]543621[/snapback]
What are you embarrassed about? Seriously, it sounds as if you ARE the guy there last night. There was absolutely nothing said or done that warranted a hit from behind, or a regular fistfight.

I don't remember in the first post you saying he tried to hit you from behind. If he did that, I don't know what people expected you to do. Since you couldn't see the punch coming, your friend saved you a sneak attack cheap. No shame in that.

And I don't agree on this loyality to Texas stuff. Yes to the state, not to that University in Austin. I have no loyality to them and wouldn't care if they ever won a sporting event again.

bullfrog69

how does this make him a coward?

if he would have called the guy's girlfriend a sloot or grabbed her booty than that would be questionable.

i have had arguments with lots of people over football and never have they ended in physical violence. obviously the guy overreacted and made a stupid decision to try and hit crunch over a game. and if he really tried to cheap shot him than he deserved more than what he got.

gdu

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 12 2010, 06:48 PM) [snapback]543639[/snapback]
As usual you made sure it went that way.

Nope, crunch did. I wouldn't expect you to notice something like that though.

joejordan

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 02:47 PM) [snapback]543637[/snapback]
There you go acting like crunch. Actually you seem more like the Texas fan. You get butthurt way too easily and would swing at the back of a smaller guys head.

This thread isn't about me. Stick to the topic.

So which is it counselor? Now you seem to be saying that getting 'butthurt' (is that what you call it in Austin?) and doing what your brethren Taxes fan did is wrong. Or stupid. Or both. I guess a lawyer with a weak case always wants it both ways.

gdu

QUOTE(bullfrog69 @ Apr 12 2010, 06:53 PM) [snapback]543644[/snapback]
how does this make him a coward?

if he would have called the guy's girlfriend a sloot or grabbed her booty than that would be questionable.

i have had arguments with lots of people over football and never have they ended in physical violence. obviously the guy overreacted and made a stupid decision to try and hit crunch over a game. and if he really tried to cheap shot him than he deserved more than what he got.

Well, we are omnly getting his side of the story, but he ran his mouth enough to make someone want to punch him and then let the big guy finish his business.

gdu

QUOTE(crunch @ Apr 12 2010, 06:55 PM) [snapback]543650[/snapback]
So which is it counselor? Now you seem to be saying that getting 'butthurt' (is that what you call it in Austin?) and doing what your brethren Taxes fan did is wrong. Or stupid. Or both. I guess a lawyer with a weak case always wants it both ways.

They can both be wrong. One of my comments related to a specific post, the other to a pattern of behavior. See how that works?

joejordan

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 02:55 PM) [snapback]543651[/snapback]
Well, we are omnly getting his side of the story, but he ran his mouth enough to make someone want to punch him and then let the big guy finish his business.

Oh, I finished my business, and my beer. Paid my tab, ran the goodbye gauntlet and went home. I did not go there to fight. I have opinions and I stated them, not in an inflammatory manner. What 'business' do you think I left unfinished? Do you finish your business outside the courthouse, Old West Style? You might be some kids hero. BTW, the position-bolstering post including the comment from the 14 year old kid, does not strengthen your point. FOAP's young, and fighting carries far less consequences at his age, so he gets a pass. I have no idea about MOFrog, with that quaint, yet unrealistic statriotism. Most places have a rule: fight and you're banned. I kinda like that place.

gdu

QUOTE(crunch @ Apr 12 2010, 07:05 PM) [snapback]543661[/snapback]
Oh, I finished my business, and my beer. Paid my tab, ran the goodbye gauntlet and went home. I did not go there to fight. I have opinions and I stated them, not in an inflammatory manner. What 'business' do you think I left unfinished? Do you finish your business outside the courthouse, Old West Style? You might be some kids hero. BTW, the position-bolstering post including the comment from the 14 year old kid, does not strengthen your point. FOAP's young, and fighting carries far less consequences at his age, so he gets a pass. I have no idea about MOFrog, with that quaint, yet unrealistic statriotism. Most places have a rule: fight and you're banned. I kinda like that place.

You think he went there to fight? You think he went there to be picked on by a dweeb like you?

You think he stated every opinion he had? You think people go to bars to state opinions?

I finish my business where it is supposed to be finished. If it is a legal case, I do it in the court room. If it is fight, then wherever that may be. I don't insult someone to start a fight and then let a big guy hanging around protect me.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Apologies. I had told myself I was going to ignore gduT ... I'm going to delete my posts to her, sorry for those that were quoted in response.

gdu

I guess you deleted this post.

I didn't go anywhere to pick on anybody. He obviously posted this to solicit feedback, which is what I gave him.

joejordan

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 03:09 PM) [snapback]543667[/snapback]
You think he went there to fight? You think he went there to be picked on by a dweeb like you?

You think he stated every opinion he had? You think people go to bars to state opinions?

I finish my business where it is supposed to be finished. If it is a legal case, I do it in the court room. If it is fight, then wherever that may be. I don't insult someone to start a fight and then let a big guy hanging around protect me.

Panties tight? So now I'm a dweeb? In another stupid post you said this wasn't the 80's, yet there you go again...

What I think doesn't matter. What happened, happened. I did not 'pick on' him (uh-oh, I smell a little boy who was hurt alot) or insult him. Sounds like a lawyerly embellishment of the facts. And yes, people do go to bars to state opinions. Millions, every day.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(crunch @ Apr 12 2010, 12:36 PM) [snapback]543583[/snapback]
Were you in GA last night? You should have introduced yourself. If I'd known it was you, I would have had a lot more fun!

On the other hand imagine the raw courage it takes to call somebody a coward on a message board. :tongue: :tongue:

gdu

QUOTE(crunch @ Apr 12 2010, 07:18 PM) [snapback]543679[/snapback]
Panties tight? So now I'm a dweeb? In another stupid post you said this wasn't the 80's, yet there you go again...

What I think doesn't matter. What happened, happened. I did not 'pick on' him (uh-oh, I smell a little boy who was hurt alot) or insult him. Sounds like a lawyerly embellishment of the facts. And yes, people do go to bars to state opinions. Millions, every day.

I said dweeb so as to not be offensive (unlike you at the bar). I likely would have offended you if I had said what I really thought, and that was not my intention. Which word should I have used?