• The KillerFrogs

Credit to Kaz Kazadi

Wexahu

I think Kaz has been one of the main reasons for this team success. We have had relatively few injuries this year and we always seem to outlast the other team. His emphasis on things like nutrition and mobility are huge positives.
I don't know what he does or how he does it, but whatever it is, it seems to work.

Can't imagine one guy in that industry has THAT many new ideas pertaining to strength and fitness, but maybe he does. I have a hunch he's really good on the mental side of things but who knows.

Tre J

I don't know what he does or how he does it, but whatever it is, it seems to work.

Can't imagine one guy in that industry has THAT many new ideas pertaining to strength and fitness, but maybe he does. I have a hunch he's really good on the mental side of things but who knows.
He has made comments that the hardest part is getting buy in. They don’t force the nutrition or anything, just suggest it and make it easy. He says everyone on the team has bought in. I think seeing results in the spring got these guys to believe.

Eight

He has made comments that the hardest part is getting buy in. They don’t force the nutrition or anything, just suggest it and make it easy. He says everyone on the team has bought in. I think seeing results in the spring got these guys to believe.

which then sets itself you to be carried on when the older players vouch for the process when the new players come on campus

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Usually it's the yolked-up dude that looks like they have to have someone else wipe them after a good deuce because they can't reach.

Or it's the guy having what appears to be non-consensual...stretching exercises with the players while checking for witnesses... (and yes, this is K State's S&C coach...)
Chris-Dawson-23___t280.jpg
96d3f700-968d-4158-974c-614abbf57c33_text.gif

He is clearly a great strength and conditioning coach but I think that can be true and we can also be giving him too much credit here, particularly wrt injuries, which I still think are mostly luck (or lack thereof). Every team in the NFL and college has injury prevention and treatment measures. I don't think Kaz has discovered some sort of "secret sauce". I do think he's a big part of the overall buy-in from the players but there are a lot of great s and c coaches out there using similar strategies. IOW if he were to leave, I don't think we necessarily will take a step back in strength and conditioning.

Wexahu

He is clearly a great strength and conditioning coach but I think that can be true and we can also be giving him too much credit here, particularly wrt injuries, which I still think are mostly luck (or lack thereof). Every team in the NFL and college has injury prevention and treatment measures. I don't think Kaz has discovered some sort of "secret sauce". I do think he's a big part of the overall buy-in from the players but there are a lot of great s and c coaches out there using similar strategies. IOW if he were to leave, I don't think we necessarily will take a step back in strength and conditioning.
I think there is something to a great S&C coach helping prevent injuries, but I also think some of our injury problems in recent years were guys just not really fighting through things, because they really didn't care much about playing. Injuries tend to snowball on teams that aren't doing very well, and that's one of the reasons IMO.

FrogCop19

I think there is something to a great S&C coach helping prevent injuries, but I also think some of our injury problems in recent years were guys just not really fighting through things, because they really didn't care much about playing. Injuries tend to snowball on teams that aren't doing very well, and that's one of the reasons IMO.
I also personally think that a lot of the injuries were stemming from the increase focus on strength, less on the conditioning. Like I said in another thread, we had guys that could pick up a house, but they couldn't make it past the second quarter without being gassed the rest of the game. Injuries happen when you're tired.

When you add in focus on proper nutrition coupled with stamina and condition training, it allows them to not only stay in the game, but also have longer workouts because they have the increased energy to push the envelope. It's a snowball effect, and the difference is quite obvious to anyone that has watched our team over the past decade or so.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I also personally think that a lot of the injuries were stemming from the increase focus on strength, less on the conditioning. Like I said in another thread, we had guys that could pick up a house, but they couldn't make it past the second quarter without being gassed the rest of the game. Injuries happen when you're tired.

When you add in focus on proper nutrition coupled with stamina and condition training, it allows them to not only stay in the game, but also have longer workouts because they have the increased energy to push the envelope. It's a snowball effect, and the difference is quite obvious to anyone that has watched our team over the past decade or so.
I believe it is the difference between a powerlifter and a dancer: Both are strong, but one is more flexible and very much more agile than the other.