• The KillerFrogs

Credit to Kaz Kazadi

CryptoMiner

Fi5skWSXkAciJb0

JogginFrog

Was reading a story in The Athletic about Iowa State's Matt Campbell, who is sort of starting over in Ames just a few years removed from a Fiesta Bowl win. New OC, new OLine coach, new S&C coach. TCU with Kaz seems directly responsible for the last of those:

"I think the telling sign for us was TCU. That team physically looked completely different than they did a year ago. To me, that doesn’t take talent. That’s not recruiting. That’s development. That’s being aligned with nutrition and strength and conditioning. I blame myself as much as anybody. It’s my responsibility to make sure that’s happening."

Limey Frog

I saw that, too. Great story. I am worried that TCU may have helped hit the reset button on Matt Campbell; I don't relish that thought.

Also nice to have professional confirmation that we were all right for years about the changes that needed to be made. Better late than never.

Eight

Was reading a story in The Athletic about Iowa State's Matt Campbell, who is sort of starting over in Ames just a few years removed from a Fiesta Bowl win. New OC, new OLine coach, new S&C coach. TCU with Kaz seems directly responsible for the last of those:

"I think the telling sign for us was TCU. That team physically looked completely different than they did a year ago. To me, that doesn’t take talent. That’s not recruiting. That’s development. That’s being aligned with nutrition and strength and conditioning. I blame myself as much as anybody. It’s my responsibility to make sure that’s happening."

interesting, he didn't dig in and insist what once worked will work again?

JogginFrog

interesting, he didn't dig in and insist what once worked will work again?
He did, framing the problem as having gotten away from what worked in his first few years. The last S&C coach came on board in 2020. Cyclones had a veteran team, and the coach emphasized maintenance over development. It appeared to work that year (Fiesta Bowl win) but that masked that the coach's system wasn't designed to develop younger players, which was a focus of Campbell's early years in Ames.

Froggy Style

I like Matt resetting. Important that he has good teams. He schooled Gary's teams so bad because GP's defense became so predictable and Meach really struggled against the 3-3-5 Others have copied his approach and caught up to what he was doing.

Eight

Isn't TCU fully funded and building a S&C/Health Science/Nutrition facility that Kaz will essentially run? I feel like it didn't get enough press. That's a pretty amazing thing to offer your S&C coach and also speaks to how good they feel about him.

yes it is and part of the program facilities race we are talking about in another thread

multiple other programs in the big 12 and that tcu works common recruiting grounds have recently built new such facilities or in the process

heck, the current facility at tcu is far from dated, but these are the pressures trying to compete at this level

BleedNPurple

Not reading the 3 pages but also Kudos to Sonny for bringing him here despite the “way to go B12” bias. I’d love to have Kaz as my trainer right now. Let’s get started coach. Btw - my body water level is always over 50% and my bottle never leaves me!

I’m thinking all the NFL Frogs will be keeping in close touch with Kaz going forward. He knows them and their strengths and weaknesses better than anyone right now.

A lot of this has to do with accountability. Kaz demands it - the whole team no doubt has seen the results and should be sold already!

froglash88

These guys don’t know “Give em Hell TCU?” They don’t do research obviously.
And the response to “will TCU stay the best team in Texas?”

“They will continuously have the 3rd best recruiting class in Texas. They are going to be competing with Houston. You can’t sell a religious school to kids bro.”

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
And the response to “will TCU stay the best team in Texas?”

“They will continuously have the 3rd best recruiting class in Texas. They are going to be competing with Houston. You can’t sell a religious school to kids bro.”
I think the word is getting out that calling TCU a religious school is a stretch. Unless people feel that a core curriculum requiring one class on any type of religion makes TCU a religious school. It's like calling TCU a liberal arts university and therefore proclaiming its liberal.

Lazy and uninformed people rely on strict definitions based on the word "Christian" being in our name.

An-Cap Frog

I think the word is getting out that calling TCU a religious school is a stretch. Unless people feel that a core curriculum requiring one class on any type of religion makes TCU a religious school. It's like calling TCU a liberal arts university and therefore proclaiming its liberal.

Lazy and uninformed people rely on strict definitions based on the word "Christian" being in our name.
It's so laughable...

Eight

the discussion on social media is nice, but these guys collectively are not the sharpest aside from the talk about tcu being a religious school

two easy examples, they are looking at the artist renderings and talking about how there are only power racks on the weight room floor and the space between the racks

really? you are discussing the makeup and layout of equipment that has not been ordered for a building that ground has not even be broken based upon conceptual drawings.

the three of them are dumbarses but if we need more proof i give you the discussion about the type of glass will be used because it is near practice fields as if that is the equivalent of living on a golf course