• The KillerFrogs

Credit to Doug Meacham

LVH

I believe he called a good game today, even the 1st quarter he called good plays its just Max was inaccurate with his throws to open receivers. And this was one of the better defenses we will face this year.

Just need to hope the defense's issues was not executing and mental breakdowns instead of ability...

TCUBetterThanYou

In retrospect, the calls worked. He rolled the dice big time on ZE’s big run to end the half. He adjusted and the second half was more successful.

Max made just enough plays to get it done in the end but is just so bad vertically. Looks like another season of the Heart Attack Horned Frogs.

Last edited:

Eight

think he did a good job moving to the things the teams was able to execute as the game progressed

struggle with how he starts games with a variety of plays, giving the defense a number of looks

realize it is a matter of style and preference. i like an oc who goes into a game with a mindset he is going to force the defense to stop what he wants to do and he takes a different approach

since he is the oc he is right, but i still want a shock collar on him so kill can blast him when the frogs have a series that evans doesn't touch the ball

Who is responsible for our upperclassman, third-year starter not being able to execute the plays called? Or for running so many empty set plays when we have the deepest running back group in the Big XII?
I think Max executed and made a lot of good throws today downfield. We went with too many verticals early that were not needed because we were running the ball well and otherwise moving the ball that put us behind the chains and were drive killers. Everyone not calling plays today knows that is not his strong suit as a QB. To answer your specific question, he is coached by a QB coach that was a GA and an analyst and has no previous experience as a QB coach who proved himself at any level before being elevated to this position at a P5 school.

Shoot even SFA knew what cumbie was running as evidenced by their game in Lubbock today.

SFA had the ball on the last possession to win the game in Lubbock but couldn’t do it. 28-22 raiders. Wow.
Didn't get to watch that game but I'm glad that he is someone else's problem now. For all the faults of this offensive staff, his absence is an addition by subtraction.