• The KillerFrogs

Cowherd this morning on Utah to Pac-10

Froginexile

Cowhered, the blowhard, said that Utah to Pac-10 is basically a done deal. He was less definitive on CU to Pac-10.

Stating that, he put TCU into Big 12 for their reload.

On the Big 10, he put Rutgers and UCONN as additions to get the the NYC market. using his east coast bias, but that makes some sense money wise. If they take a couple of Big East teams, that weakens the Big East. This is a conference that has already lost people to the ACC.

Now digesting these hypotheses:

The big east becomes less credible as a Football conference.
The Big 12 is getting raided by either Pac-10 and/or Big 10-CU and MU.
The ACC has little to offer...so they maintain status quo and become more of a basketball conference...they start looking like the big East of 90's.
SEC-what will they do will they raid weaker conferences ie. Big 12 or ACC.
MWC becomes less credible and must take BSU to keep breathing. BSU must move.
WAC and CUSA...nothing changes, they are low on the totem pole.

I think it all depends upon the movement of the SEC and who they raid. If the Big 12 is raided, they will likely ask TCU to come over. I could see Houston High getting an offer, because they are a state school. If UT and TAMU leave, we get invited into a weak conference with every team north of the Red River looking for an exit and the TTU and Baylor saying to us, "So this is how it felt in 90's?" I can't see Baylor or TTU going to the SEC, Big 10, or PAC-10. They are stuck.

Anyway it goes...I see us in a great spot to get screwed. As it goes with athletic conferences and TCU for the last 20 years...that is about par for the course. The only good move we have had is the MWC.

ShivasFrog

The "Utah to the Pac 10 is a done deal" talk is all over the MWC board. And, I agree, we're set up to get reamed again. Wonder what CDC is thinking about all of this.

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(froginexile @ Apr 20 2010, 11:43 AM) [snapback]547388[/snapback]
Anyway it goes...I see us in a great spot to get screwed.

I agree with this.

It must be great to get paid to talk about this on TV. You don't need facts, or well-thought-out reasoning, just your own idiotic, ill-informed opinion.

3RD DOWN 33

I have sent Cowherd numerous emails over the years calling him a west coast homer. He still has ill feelings when the Frogs beat his beloved USC Trojans. Last year I remember him saying 'I am sorry I don't want to watch a team called the Horned Frogs during Bowl Season." I responded with a three page e-mail rant, which accomplished nothing but made me feel a little better.
- Today he called Kevin Durant overrated, (Insane) My dislike for him makes me tune in alot, so I guess he is doing a good job.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(halfwaytoheaven @ Apr 20 2010, 11:59 AM) [snapback]547398[/snapback]
I agree with this.

It must be great to get paid to talk about this on TV. You don't need facts, or well-thought-out reasoning, just your own idiotic, ill-informed opinion.

You can't trust TV, radio or message boards.
Print media is the only consistent, thorough and accurate media left in today's effed-up world.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Apr 20 2010, 12:04 PM) [snapback]547404[/snapback]
Utah ain't going anywhere. And neither is Francione. :biggrin:

Since this came from a message board poster I will take your word for it :wacko:
End the thread! Fagnosicator has spoken. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

BABYFACE

I don't see TCU getting reamed in this deal. TCU brings something to the table in 2010.

There are casual sports fans around the nation that are curious to see how TCU or Boise St. is doing. Joe Schmoe in the Carolina's, can less about what Illinois or Missouri is doing because in the Carolina's the ACC or the SEC are king. However, Joe in Carolina is interested in what Boise and TCU are doing. Maybe Joe likes to pull for the upstart or he wants to see them fall on their face, but none the less, Joe is paying attention.

QUOTE(ShivasFrog @ Apr 20 2010, 12:59 PM) [snapback]547396[/snapback]
Wonder what CDC is thinking about all of this.

Why would the Center for Disease Control care what conference we move to?

BABYFACE

QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Apr 20 2010, 01:24 PM) [snapback]547448[/snapback]
Why would the Center for Disease Control care what conference we move to?

Because if TCU ends up in the same conference as Tech, penicillin and herpes testing kits might become a necessity.

oldscribe

The thing always to keep in mind is that Cowherd is (1) a jerk, (2) an idiot and (3 through 10) knows nothing about college football outside LA.

JimSwinkLives!

QUOTE(oldscribe @ Apr 20 2010, 01:29 PM) [snapback]547452[/snapback]
The thing always to keep in mind is that Cowherd is (1) a jerk, (2) an idiot and (3 through 10) knows nothing about college football outside LA.

+1

QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Apr 20 2010, 02:22 PM) [snapback]547447[/snapback]
I don't see TCU getting reamed in this deal. TCU brings something to the table in 2010.

There are casual sports fans around the nation that are curious to see how TCU or Boise St. is doing. Joe Schmoe in the Carolina's, can less about what Illinois or Missouri is doing because in the Carolina's the ACC or the SEC are king. However, Joe in Carolina is interested in what Boise and TCU are doing. Maybe Joe likes to pull for the upstart or he wants to see them fall on their face, but none the less, Joe is paying attention.

Not sure how representative that is ... living in Big East/Big 10 country, there is more ambivalence if not outright antipathy toward the non-BCS schools. Many seem to view schools like TCU and Boise as pests who are screwing up the natural order and want them to go away. Particularly the Big 10 crowd. In this part of the world, the MWC is damned by association with the most local non-BCS conference, the MAC, which is the definition of uncompetitive with BCS schools. Many people assume that because Akron sucks, TCU must suck too.

BABYFACE

Maybe in Penn and the Ohio's you may be right, but New Yorkers seem to like TCU. Whether that is good thing, I am unsure of. My point is that TCU is either liked as an upstart or they are despised as upstart thus people are paying attention to see them do well or fall on the face depending which side of the fence the sports fan is on.

What I am getting from some on this expansion topic is that all invitees will have perfect credentials. Problem with that is that most of the spots to be filled assuming there is major movement, will be from schools that don't have perfect credentials because the big fish are already gone. That is my point and I think TCU fares well in that second group.

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 20 2010, 12:21 PM) [snapback]547416[/snapback]
Since this came from a message board poster I will take your word for it :wacko:
End the thread! Fagnosicator has spoken. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Fagnosicator? After all we've been through together? I thought I'd at least merit "Friendoffriendsosticator" or something. :wink:

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Apr 20 2010, 02:00 PM) [snapback]547481[/snapback]
Fagnosicator? After all we've been through together? I thought I'd at least merit "Friendoffriendsosticator" or something. :wink:

How about "goodsporticator"? :tongue:
Frognosticator did not take 2314's bait.

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 20 2010, 02:03 PM) [snapback]547483[/snapback]
How about "goodsporticator"? :tongue:
Frognosticator did not take 2314's bait.

You certainly took my "bait" the other night, hotstuff! :laugh:

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Apr 20 2010, 02:06 PM) [snapback]547490[/snapback]
You certainly took my "bait" the other night, hotstuff! :laugh:

Frognosticator has 2314 confused with steele.

joejordan

Mizzoo and Husker, UConn and Rutgers to Big 10

UMiami and Virginia, Taxes and Aggie to SEC

bigeast and ACC merge

Utah and Colorado to Pac10

BYU, NM, CSU, TCU and UH join Big12 (solidify TX, gain western markets)

Ugly business.

713frog

QUOTE(crunch @ Apr 20 2010, 03:01 PM) [snapback]547558[/snapback]
Mizzoo and Husker, UConn and Rutgers to Big 10

UMiami and Virginia, Taxes and Aggie to SEC

bigeast and ACC merge

Utah and Colorado to Pac10

BYU, NM, CSU, TCU and UH join Big12 (solidify TX, gain western markets)

Ugly business.

i hope you mean Va Tech...